A few weeks back I had a defining moment and let me tell you, once I internalized and believed that the Law of Attraction actually works and once I set my intention and made it clear to the Universe what I wanted, it arrived. I set my intention on a job that would bring me more money, more time, balance and adventure and it materialized right before my eyes. It was unbelievable. I envisioned it, prayed for it, set my intention on it, put it out in the Universe, gave thanks in advance for the opportunity and it arrived. In fact, several opportunities became available to me--right to my inbox-- from all sorts of places that I was considering. It was amazing. Almost scary, really.
Yet, here I am not not utilizing that same strategy with my health. No, instead I have been complaining about joint pain and berating myself for not working out or losing weight. I've been talking about exhaustion and worrying about test results. I've been blogging about stress for goodness sakes! Wrong! All wrong!!!
I'll let you in on a little secret. Last fall my doctor diagnosed me with Rheumatoid Arthritis. First I cried. Then I did hours and hours of research. And I knew I didn't have it, despite what she said. I refused the drugs and I believed in my health. A couple of weeks ago I was in the doctor's office and she was reviewing my recent labs. As much as she hated to say it, she admitted that she may have been wrong about my RA diagnosis. She said she was baffled because my labs didn't indicate the progression she was expecting to see. I was glad, but truly, not really surprised.
That should be the end of the story and cause of great celebration but the fact of the matter is I still have inflammation, joint pain, anemia and one lingering lab result that is causing her great concern. She ran more tests and said that if they came out negative that she would have to move on to the big guns, the scarier diagnosis. I find out the results next week. Am I concerned? Yes, I was until I realized that my mind and attitude play a huge part in all of this. Stress, worry, illness, fatigue, sadness.. None of that is helping! ACK! No more!!
I will be giving no more energy or thoughts to illness. In fact, I am no longer going to speak or type or think negative things as much as I am able. Instead, I am setting my intention on excellent health! And I am thanking God for my excellent health. This has worked for many people before me. If cells regenerate and placebos cure illnesses and miracles happen every day, how can one refute that it may be due in part (or in whole) to positive thinking?
It is Spring. A time of renewal and rebirth. So, from this moment forward I am focusing on and visualizing health and wellness! A sound mind. A strong body. Energy. Clarity. And I am thanking God in advance. I am giving thanks for all of that as well as for peace, joy, abundance and love.
Focus on the positive. Be grateful. Visualize. As I get ready to start a new workweek, let me state three things I am grateful for:
* my agency had copies of all of Almi's Ethiopian paperwork
* two friends came over this weekend to help me get some things done
* I had insurance on my Blackberry
Have a wonderful week!




7 comments:
That is such a beautiful post. I to struggle sometimes with letting go and bring carried by the universe.
I hope the tests go well. This will mean a clean bill of health before the major life change.
Have a super week.
D
Good for you!
WONDERFUL!!!! God is GOOD, no GREAT!! Sayin' cheers with my glass of Moscato from way over here! Also saying some prayers for good results, great health, a great new job (which you need to spill the beans about), less stress, and the dream man that everyone dreams of.
I need some of this. Positive energy. I'm going to try it with the things going on in my life.
You will be just fine, I know it. Love your positive attitude. And big congratulations on all the wonderful career opportunities!!
Your post inspired me today. I've been following your journey with Almi and look forward to your posts. I have bad lab work too and am trying to be thankful inspite of it all.
Love this post. I keep a gratitude journal. I don't do it every day but I love it when I remember to use it. I write down 5 things I'm grateful for. Today my list is sunshine, dogs, spring, kids laughing, dinner as a family. :)
Becky
Post a Comment