7.18.2007

Please Sign My Guest Book

I am so blog-addicted!! I admit it. Every day I check into some of my favorite blogs to see what's going on with different families. And I know people are reading mine, but I don't know who! This whole internet thing is pretty bizarre sometimes. So, if you don't mind, please take a moment and make a comment on this page. Of course, I still appreciate comments on any other posting but if you could also sign this one I can see who is actually reading my blog. It should only take you one minute! Thanks! :-)

55 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't have a Google account or a blogger account, but I try to check your blog daily. I know you and I want to be a support for you. I guess I just get excited about babies and people who realize there is more than one way to expand a family.

Heather said...

Hi! Just found your comment on my Guest Book and followed the link to your blog! Congrats on the Ethiopia adoption!!! I'll be a regular reader! Glad I found you!
Heather

Tami said...

I love you Laura! Don't be blue, I check your blog as much as I check mine so that is scary. LOL Keep the faith it will all work itself out it always does. Remember we have that babysitting and nannyshare worked out so don't mess it up! smile

Anne said...

laura..
i am reading. not as often as i would like, but i cannot believe how fast the days fly... that said, i am regularly checking your blog and enjoying your posts. :)

anne

Kryss said...

I just found your blog and have it bookmarked now. I'm so interested in following what you do and learning about your adoption path!

Amy said...

Hi laura...Just stumbled upon your blog right now, but here ya go...
I was here and read about your journey thus far. Can't wait to follow it through to your trip to Ethiopia!
Amy (mama to Silas Tesfamariam)

Tracey said...

I am reading your blog too, and recalling my pre-motherhood life!

Anonymous said...

Hi Laura,
I'm enjoying reading your blog too. It's really well written & fun to read.

Quanuah

Renee said...

Hi Laura,
We're also adopting from Ethiopia and using Gladney just found your blog tonight. We are just waiting for CIS aproval to finish our dossier and offically join the "waiting list". You should add your blog to the Gladney Blog listing. Looking forward to sharing the journey!
Renee
www.wwillbringthemhome.blogspot.com

Tasha Kent said...

Hi Laura,
I found your blog from another single mom adoption blog. I'm a single mom-to-be adopting from Uzbekistan.

Good luck on your journey.

hazel said...

Hi Laura, I'm Hazel from Canada and another single PAP, waiting to bring home my daughter from Ethiopia. I just found you today.

Jocelyn said...

Hi, just visiting! I am another single mom adopting from Ethiopia and found your blog!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

hi there--we live in d.c. and just sent in our preliminary paperwork to gladney for an ethiopian adoption. since you're further along in the process, i'd love to communicate with you via email--is that possible? i have lots of questions. (i think we may be neighbors; we haunt busboys regularly as well.) i can be reached at journotraveler@gmail.com. good luck to you! i've enjoyed reading your blog.

Single PAP said...

hi teresa. i meant to only post your last comment! i will contact you. nice to hear you're reading my blog (do you have one? i suggest starting one--it's a great way to connect to other PAPs) and that you are in the area.
:)

LISA said...

I'm new to your blog. I'm in Kansas.(Not to many ET adopters from here)

Leslie said...

Hi Laura! I live near DC and will be interested to hear where your journey leads! All the best! :)

Jennifer said...

Hi Laura,

Thanks for the comments on my blog. I tried to post a comment to your blog friday but I'm not sure it worked. So I'm posting again. I live in MD and commute into DC everyday. Do you work in DC? I am between Foggy Bottom/Dupont.

Here's my email address - Linnaea1@yahoo.com

All the best in your adoption journey!!!!

Single PAP said...

lisa-feel free to chat with me about E adoption! i don't want you to feel all alone out there in kansas!

leslie- i didn't realize you were close! that's great. i have been reading your blog and following your journey.

jennifer- yes, i work in DC near sibley hospital (upper georgetown). i will email you!

i keep thinking all of us DC/MD/VA PAPs should get together!! someone plan it! :)

Anonymous said...

Laura,
I don't have a blog but I definitely check yours everyday. I remember when I adopted my son from ET last year. I now have a newborn son adopted in the US, but I hope to adopt a baby girl from ET in the next couple of years. I wish you the very best on your journey.
Be Blessed,
Tanisha

Queen Diva said...

Hello Laura,

I just found your blog. I am a single Jamaican/American woman adopting from the country of Ethiopia. Lots of luck to you on this awesome journey!

Anonymous said...

Hi Laura!

I just wanted to let you know how proud I am of you! You've been my friend and inspiration for so many years and after reading your blogg, I can see that it holds true for many others! You're amazing! God bless!

Heidi

Stacy said...

Hi I am stacy from Raising Lucy ... I just found you! Welcome to the process. I am excited to read your blog as you progress.

Monica Lidya's Mom said...

Hi,

I've been reading your blog for a couple of weeks now and just noticed the guest book and wanted to say Hi. My blog is really just tons of pictures of my daughter. Pretty boring unless you're my mother :-).

Tanya said...

Hi, I'm Tanya, single mom starting the adoption paperwork to find my kid(s) friom Ethiopia. I just found you via Hazel.

Anonymous said...

Hi Laura,
I just found your blog through google and I will be adding it to my favorites. I am not a single mom but a mom to 5 bio kids and a beautiful Ethiopian princess that we just brought home last month. She is 3 year old Marin Tigist. If you have time check out our blog!
We will be watching your progress and hoping for all to go well!
God bless,
Kristin
www.irishopian.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Hi Laura,
My name is Freda I'm also with Gladney. My husband and I are just starting the process. We are AA and reside in NC.

Manette said...

My friend (mischief and mermaids) directed me to your site... I must admit I enjoyed reading it tremendously and am thankful you have been willing to share your journey with us. My husband and I, like many who have left comments, have recently begun the adoption of our newest child. Though we have adopted twice before, adopting from Ethiopia will be a unique and special experience. With many kind thanks,
Manette

Anonymous said...

Hello Laura!
I see that I am the first Finnish person to visit your site :)

I'm the mother of biological twins and an adopted boy from Thailand who came to us last autumn.

Just wanted to say Hi! :)

Lille skutt

Jen said...

We are adopting from Ethiopia through Gladney. Just came upon your blog.

msl said...

Hi Laura,
Just found your blog. We adopted through Gladney and came home with our beautiful daughter on Sept. 10th.
Can't wait to follow along on your adoption journey.
M.

Kate said...

Hi there Laura,
Stumbled upon your blog through one of the odd pathways on the black box...
I'm and artist from New Zealand, and I notice from the neo counter, your first one (from NZ, that is)!

If you want a little sunshine in the winter, you can visit me, and I suppose if you're too hot in summer, you can cool down over at my blog, too.

I take lots of photos.


-Katherine D C.

Amina's Mama said...

hi, add me to your single mothers blog roll! it's way too convoluted how i found your blog but i'm glad i did. wonderful, heartfelt writing.

Shauna said...

Hi... I found you through Julie's blog (which I love)... and thought I would introduce myself as another single mom (well... will be anyway -- in process of adopting from Ethiopia too) I look forward to reading more of your blog... Anyway, just wanted to say 'Hi'....
Shauna

SE'LAH... said...

Greetings:

Just found your blog through Operation You. I look forward to visiting more often.

One Love, Se'Lah

kn said...

I'm so happy that you left the nice comment on my blog because now I've found yours! I love your perspective and I look forward to following your journey.

And thanks for being a teacher! Our kids need you!

Chrissy said...

Hi, I have been following your blog for a few weeks. We are at almost the same spot in the adoption process! I am also single and a teacher as well!!

Prayers to you along the journey!!

Ranavan said...

Hi, I just found your blog thru Hazel's...my hubby (Yvan) and I are also on the road to Ethiopia to bring our child(ren) home.

Rana

Robynhood said...

Hi Laura,

I found your blog a couple of weeks ago and have really enjoyed reading it.. us single pap have to stick together! I am a teacher too in British Columbia and teach grade 2/3.
I am adopting from Africa, but not from Ethiopia. My agency is trying to start up a brand new program and I am their guinea pig/pioneer... My fingers and toes are crossed that it works and very soon...

Keep writing, I love reading it and remember that we are all on your journey with you.. looking forward to pictures of your new daughter really really soon!

:) Robyn

RoeH said...

I just found your blog through a widget. Or...the latest blog toy. Like what I read/see so far. Thanks.

Shay said...

I discovered your blog today through another single Ethiopian adoptive mom, Chrissy. Great blog, by the way! So real. I just read your dating posts and I could totally relate to not wanting to date J with the 3 kids! Terrible, I know, since I will have one soon!

Shelby said...

Hi, I'm another single mom adopting from Ethiopia. Just wanted to say I'm enjoying your blog and wish you a speedy process!

Janice said...

Hi there! I'm the crazy tourist who was snapping my camera at Busboys and Poets. :D Great place to eat. We need one here in the Portland area. Great blog!! Will continue to keep you in my prayers as you embark on a tremendous journey.

Kelsey Hale said...

AWESOME BLOG!!! hope you visit mine

BIIG HUGS!
kelsey

StefB said...

I've been reading for a while, and sometimes commenting, but never saw the guest book before. It's been so nice to watch your Journey to Motherhood. I'm about 3 years ahead of you on this journey.

Stefanie

QB said...

I love your blog. I'm happy you are finding the time to write about your trip and your first weeks home. Thanks. -Katy

Anonymous said...

Hi. I too am mom to an Ethiopian daughter. We've had Mihret with us since April 2009. I don't have a blog, but really enjoy yours. I have totally enjoyed ready about your journey to motherhood. Wishing you a very Happy Mother's Day. L. Galloway

Unknown said...

Hi, I just found your blog yesterday and I am glued. I am so happy for both of you...Congrats on your sweet baby girl. My husband and I want to adopt from ET but the organization said cost could be as hi at $32,000 unfortunatly it's money we do not have right now and I am heart broken.. I really wanted to give a good home to a orphaned child in Africa. Anyway, Thank you for your blog and you are doing a GREAT job mama!!! :-)

babs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
rendezvous said...

Hi there,

Congratulations! What a great looking pair the two of you make.

I have been following your blog for a while and what a great BLOG.

Thanks for sharing your ups and downs, all just a part of life. Your blog is my inspiration.

a single PAP to Africa :0)

san said...

hi there,
love your blog and your daughter is adorable...was wondering what agency you switched as i am with gladney and am looking for a more singles friendly agency like yourself...thanks....

Single PAP said...

sanman,
email me at lighow@gmail

Sha Zam- said...

Just found your blog and left first comment. Looking for other single mom blogs so this was a special treat. God Bless!

Eboni said...

Found your blog through the African American Families page. I've been following for a few months now. You're one of the few that still blog, so I'm always checking you out.
Eboni

Laurie said...

Hi Laura,
I am another single adoptive mom. My daughter was born in China and is now almost 13! I remeber the first few years as being challenging - but so wonderful at the same time. Enjoy your beautiful little girl- and thank you so much for sharing your life...