3.20.2011

Coconut Oil and the Weekly Menu

I am in love with coconut! I didn't used to be (except for Almond Joys) but now it's on. I eat food fried in coconut oil, I add it to our smoothies, I bake with it and I use it as moisturizer. I have also read it can aid in weight loss. And it's good for you!! And it's sooo yummy!!! It's my new love.

Over at Wellness Mama, you can read about all the health benefits of coconut oil and sign up for a free coconut oil giveaway!! If you haven't tried it yet, I highly suggest that you do. It could change your life!

And now for the weekly menu.

I ate a TON of sugar this week. Like, seriously out of control. And I had the worst joint pain ever! What is going on with me? Ugh. I'm thinking there is a connection to sugar and joint pain now. Or maybe it's from stress? I don't know but I think after I get a handle on no grains I really need to move on to sugar-free. On a positive note, though, I think Almi's eczema is going away. It seems less prominent since being grain-free so perhaps she is gluten-intolerant? I'm going to continue to keep her off of them and see if it clears up altogether.

Menu
1. coconut fried fish (in coconut oil) and butternut squash fries
2. veggie, turkey or portobello mushroom burgers and mashed cauliflower
3. chicken in crock with leftover veggies
4. salad with leftovers meats on top
5. Almi to her teacher's house (rescheduled again)

And no baking any desserts this week. We will only have fruit or dark chocolate.

Stats:
weight: 147.8
workouts: none :(
vitamins: 3 days
joint pain: really, really bad
stress level: high

No comments: