3.17.2011

Quotes and Tidbits and Such

She will tell me if her her food is too hot, bath water too cold, etc. But other than hot or cold she doesn't have the vocabulary to describe food in terms of sweet, crunchy, slimy etc. But she can say, "juicy". She will use this quite a bit for food or for when she's drinking some juice.

She calls an owl an "ah-boo." Love it.

Here she is enjoying her play kitchen she got from the Grandparents for Christmas.



After watching the Elmo video about the beach over and over she now talks about wanting to go to the beach. When we drive on a bridge over any body of water she will yell excitedly, "Beach!!" and then ask if we can go, "Mommy, beach?"

She has learned to push things against the wall to turn on lights, how to climb up on the toilet to reach things off the sink and how to open the refrigerator. Uh oh.



When it's time for her bath she inevitably asks, "Mommy, tub?" She loves when we take baths together.

One day she looked at me and just said point blank, "I happy too much." (awwwwwwwww)

She was playing with blocks and held up the one with a capital A and said, "A fo' Amen." (Amen is the name of one of her classmates). Then she twisted it to the side and saw a 5 and said, "five!" Then she held up five fingers and said, "Der five right der." Then she twisted it again to the capital N and said "N fo' No-mi." When I asked her a few minutes later what the N was for she said, "Almi." LOL

Her new question of the hour is, "Wha dat noise, Mommy?" or "Wha dat soun'?" Every little squeak and creak she asking me that. Cracks me up!

"Ah doin', baby?" She asks me this all the time. She likes to pretend she is the Mommy and I am Almi (the baby) so when she's ready to play she'll say that. It's so cute.

"I'm No-mi" Yes. She says this now, too. She can't pronounce 3 syllable words very well so she calls herself No-mi."

She is learning how to clean up her toys!


She likes string beans, butternut squash, spinach, yellow squash, cauliflower and carrots! She also likes bananas, blueberries, apples, pineapple, clementines, raisins and dates. She also eats fish and plain yogurt. I really can't complain. I think that's better than most toddlers.

She is obsessed with ants! If she sees one she tells me, "Bug!" and then gets down really close to it to examine it.




We love to snuggle and goof off!


And because it's St. Patrick's Day, here are some pics of my adorable leprechaun from last year.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Cute! I only wish Holly would eat all those vegetables. You are doing great!

hazel said...

Such cuteness! I'm with Jennifer - I wish Biset would eat those veggies, too. I need to work on my cooking skills.