3.16.2011

Thai Custard Pudding and Coconut Pumpkin Custard

Haven't tried this yet (I need glass bowls) but doesn't it sound AMAZING?!

Thai Custard Pudding
5 eggs
1 cup full fat coconut milk
½ cup sweetener (honey, maple syrup, Sucanat) OR ¼ cup sweetener & 5 drops of Stevia
pinch of sea salt
splash of vanilla extract

Mix everything in a glass bowl.
Set bowl into larger glass bowl with water reaching halfway up the sides.
Bake at 325F for 45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.

Doesn't that sound yummy?!
I love all things coconut.

Coconut Pumpkin Custard
1 - 13.50z can of full fat coconut milk
1 c. pumpkin puree
¾ cup sugar (I used Sucanat)
4 large eggs
½ t. salt
½ t. coconut extract (omitted it cause i didn't have any)
¼ t. nutmeg (I substituted with pumpkin pie spice)

1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. Wisk ingredient together
3. Fill 6 Ramekins ⅔ of the way full
4. Place ramekins in a large baking pan filled with water
5. Bake 40 minutes

I made this. Waaay too eggy. Will not make again.

No comments: