1. Organized thousands of CDs. Not really that many but it sure felt like it when I realized most of them weren't in their correct cases. Won't be doing that anymore! They were spread out on the table and now they are in a nice, neat stack.
~ 1 hour
maybe i should get an ipod
2. Pulled all these books off the shelves, wiped it down and put them back in an organized fashion.
~ 2 hours!!!
3. Prayed about the November IUI. A friend of mine told me if I pray and don't hear an answer that means that it's not the right time. I am totally conflicted. I do want to try to have a baby, but I am still grappling with the whole donor sperm thing. Maybe I'll be ready in December.
~20 min.
4. Spoke to Natalie at Gladney. I have been noticing that the referral times appear to be getting longer. I remember this summer that the whole process start to finish was taking 8-9 months, with only 2-3 for a referral. She said it has gotten longer. Now the referral process for an infant (boy or girl) is taking 3-5 months. Also the court date takes another 1-2 months and another month for the travel date. That adds quite a bit of time! I'm not sure what that all adds up to now but it looks like start to finish it'll be 12- 15 months now instead of 9. I'm not sure how that affects my decision, but it's worth noting. Then I told her about the possibility that I would be moving abroad. I asked her to find out what the process is if I...
a. start here and finish while living abroad
b. start and finish while living abroad or
c. start while living abroad and finish here.
I know-- COM-PLI-CA-TED! (i'm a nightmare) Of course she said she had to get back to me.
~ 20 min.
And finally, I hired the painter (again!) to come tomorrow to paint the kitchen cabinets. They are basically new; the previous owner renovated the kitchen, but not my taste. Not a fan of oak. I decided to paint first (cheaper route) and if I hate them then I'll look into refacing them or totally replacing them (expensive!!) Stay tuned for the new look.
Hope you had a productive day. See you tomorrow.




6 comments:
good for you for moving forward with everything...i am proud of you.
Good Grief! Where the hell have I been?? I thought I had you on Bloglines but it appears I didn't. So I have all your new posts to catch up on - which is great because I can sit back and have a good read - and there are pictures too - woo hoo!! I'm so glad you are posting again.
Hi. I hope you don't mind, but this isn't a comment on your blog (yet) which I just found. I was reading Mary Mia's blog about her twins from China and a terrible preschool experience. You mentioned in the comments that you work at a preschool that is very popular with children and is in the DC area. I have a beautiful little girl from Guatemala and live in that area and would love a good preschool recommendation. Would you mind sharing the name of yours?
Thank you,
Ansley
acalhounc@hotmail.com
snnnnnaaaaaiiiiiillllllsss pace, but yes. thank you. now how come if you live 5 min up the road you haven't seen everything in person?! VISIT!!!
ansley, i just realized after i posted that you might not have wanted your email for the world to see. sorry about that. if you do, let me know and i will see if i can figure out how to remove it. anyway, i work at the river school. riverschool dot net. i'll email you with more info.
hi haze! yeah, i'm back. though still totally confused!!!!!!!
Post a Comment