11.07.2007

Nov. 7

I am starting to think that these posts aren't interesting for anyone other than myself! Maybe I should include something other than what productive things I did during the day...? Maybe tomorrow! OK, I am at a 40 minute deficit... the pressure.

1. Registered for a new pottery class. I just finished intro to pottery last week and I loved it! Something about smooshing your hands into the earth is relaxing. I registered for another class cause nothing I made was more than 4" high. Building big things is hard! Especially if you want them symmetrical! I haven't mastered that yet. And I suck on the wheel. I need s-o-o-o much more practice but I love every minute of it. I can't wait to get there tomorrow to see some of my finished products. I glazed some pieces but nothing I glazed had gotten fired last week. Can't wait to go in and see my handiwork. I will post pics of them tomorrow (if I'm not too embarrassed!) LOL
~ 10 minutes

2. Downloaded the forms from the sperm bank website to request donor photos. I don't know why it is so difficult and requires a legal document. I thought I could click on a photo, pay the fee thru paypal and print them out. Not so easy. You have to download the form which is actually a consent agreement. Then agree to release the bank and the donor of all expense and obligation concerning future child, not publicize or publish the photo, not seek any form or payment from the donor, etc, etc, etc. That all makes sense when getting sperm, but, dang for a photo?! And I have to sign it in front of a witness! And the photos aren't cheap. I think sperm banks are a racket anyways, though. They pay the man a small fee for a "specimen", then divide it up into 7 vials and charge a ridiculous fee for each vial. They are clearly taking advantage of people, but, hey it's a business and I am glad it's an option for people out there.
~10 minutes


Wow. Was I really only productive for 20 minutes today?! How is that possible and it's already 9:00 at night. This isn't good. What have I been doing all night? Hmmm... I made a grilled cheese sandwich, then I lit some candles, put on some music and talked on the phone for hours. Bad, bad, bad!!! And now I am tired. And I have a good excuse to go to bed~ I have parent teacher conferences tomorrow. Eight of them at 45 minutes each. That's a lot of talking. And I am still dealing with this cold, though it appears to be going away finally. So I am going to go to bed. That's another 40 minutes to add on. Yikes! Which makes the additional total an hour and 20 minutes! Glad the weekend is coming so I can make up all the time.

Hope you had a productive day. See you tomorrow.

No comments: