I got an email from Natalie at Gladney about the how it would work if I started the adoption process here and finished it in Ethiopia or the reverse. Basically she said it could be done but it would be "expensive". Hmmm... adoption starting and ending here is expensive. I guess that means it's more expensive. That's hard to imagine! She basically recommended starting and finishing the adoption here in the US and remaining here the following year for all the post-placement visits. Well, I honestly can't imagine paying more for this adoption than is already required so without even knowing how much that is I guess it means I either adopt now and put living abroad on hold OR go abroad and put off adopting. Either way I'd have to wait 2-3 years. That's a long time to be a mom and a long time to wait to live and travel abroad. The only way I can satisfy both would be to quit my job in December and go abroad in the spring. I wonder if I could pull that off...? (Not likely).
Maybe I'll win the lottery. (Also not likely).
Worked more on art ideas.
~30 minutes
Went to Next Day Blinds to price plantation shutters and wood blinds. Their prices are no joke. I decided I really want plantation shutters but I need to shop around. There has got to be somewhere I can buy them more cheaply. I'll look at Home Depot and Home Depot Expo this weekend.
~ 1 hour
Pottery class
~2.5 hours
Hope you had a productive day. See you tomorrow.
11.15.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
I have no advice for your choice so I'll just wish you luck with the lottery.
Funnily enuf I've been looking into blinds lately and will be measuring windows tomorrow and popping by Home Depot while they have free installation.
Gotta play to win! Must buy a ticket :)
Free installation?! I want that deal!
Post a Comment