1. Decided to add Tanzania to the list of international schools I would consider taking a job if hired. If I don't move abroad I will just have to take an extended trip-back to Senegal, then to Tanzania and Ethiopia and finish in Hong Kong!
~ 15 min.
2. Sent an email to a friend about a job I may apply for cause she works in that field now. I would like to either make more money or work in a school with a 10 month schedule (one of the benefits of teaching, hello!!) Where I work now is an 11 month schedule.
~ 5 min.
Then I went to take a nap and slept for 3 hours and was basically a zombie the rest of the night. Hopefully the TheraFlu will help cause this cold is messin' with my productivity!!! I will make up the 40 minutes!!
Hope you had a productive day. See you tomorrow.
11.06.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
Laura~
I really enjoy reading your blog. My husband and I adopted our 3.5 year old son from Ethiopia and we just adopted an infant (son) domestically. I wish you the best on your journey and I also hope you feel better really soon.
Tanisha
mom to
Anthony (3.5yrs)
Anderson (4months)
Great places all (Tanzania, HK, Ethiopia, etc.)
What is your timeline? Starting in the Spring or Fall?
The february job fair is for jobs starting in the fall. Many international schools are represented (like 50-60) and if they want you they offer you contracts on the spot. If I decide to go thru with the IUI i will be done with all trials by feb. and only go if i am not pregnant or if i decide to not resume the adoption at that time. Since i have decided that all outcomes are positive (pregnancy, adoption and international teaching job) i am less stressed. i just can't wait til february to see what pans out!
thank you tanisha! do you have a blog? i'd love to hear your thoughts on domestic vs. international adoption. how old was anthony when you adopted him?
Hi Laura,
Anthony was 2.5 years old when we brought him home. Our adjustment was very smooth. And it was only about 9 months later when we adopted Anderson(domestically). I would love to share in detail our experience with both adoptions if you are intersted. If you would like you can email me at tanishaj08@yahoo.com
Take Care,
Tanisha
Post a Comment