Here's how I spent my hour today.
1. I straightened up downstairs so I could post a photo. :) In my ever-present quest to get my downstairs to appear brighter, I had the baseboards and fireplace painted white and the mirror over the fireplace painted silver. I am granting myself permission to do some home improvements that don't cost a lot of money but will make me infinitely happier. See the new living room below. ~ 10 minutes
2. I updated my resume on the international school site in preparation for the February job fair. If I don't get pregnant by January or decide not to resume the adoption process at that time, I will go to find an overseas position. ~ 2o minutes
3. Researched sperm donors. I only have about 3 weeks until the first trial. ~10 minutes
4. Meditated. (I have a sore throat and I had to lie down) ~ 20 minutes
Here's the new living room:
Hope everyone had a productive today. See you tomorrow.




4 comments:
Great picture. I love the pillows.
Okay, I'm a tad bit curious about researching sperm donors. What is the research bit? How are they listed? I'm assuming race, age, ht/wt.. but does it also include athletic acheivements? academics?
I'm seriously curious. I hope you don't mind the invasiveness of the question.
I don't mind, T. Each donor has a whole list of things you can read up on including medical history, blood type, age, race, ht/wt, skin color, hair color, hair texture, eye color, occupation, educational level, hobbies, if they've gotten anyone pregnant (important to some women cause they feel it means their sperm is viable and a problem to others who are concerned about lots of siblings in the area), if they are open donors (child can contact them at 18), if they have baby/adult photos. along with that the staff writes their own impressions, there is an audio clip, and a little questionnaire filled out by the donor. it's a lot to look at and you have to decide what is most important to you cause in my experience no one donor has it all. trust me, i would much prefer to be having and adopting my children with my husband or at least with someone i love, so it's not easy to go this route... and i may chicken out in the end. considering i haven't picked a donor yet isn't a good sign. still hoping my prince charming is about to sweep me off my feet (sigh)
It is a difficult process but me and my two best friends had some drinks and sat with all of the profiles on the table and talked about them all. That is how I picked my donor out. It was actually a riot! In the end I used two different sperm donors because I figured I wasn't getting pregnant because the first ones sperm wasn't moving fast enough...LOL no actually his sold out and I needed more so I had to go to choice number two.
i guess some humor in all this craziness would help! all i know is i have let go and let God. if i am meant to find mr. right, i will. if i am meant to have a baby with him or with an anonymous donor, i will. if i am meant to adopt, i will. i can't control it so i am letting go....
Post a Comment