NaBloPoMo?! Am I crazy?! Yes, especially with traveling for the holidays. Am I setting myself up for failure? Oh, very possibly. But I'm gonna try anyway! Wish me luck!
Today I will leave you with two comments I got from the custodians at my school.
1. One day after school one of them was sweeping up my classroom and saw Naomi. He said, "Oh, is this your daughter?" "Yes," I replied. "She looks just like you." I just smiled.
2. Last week another custodian was in my classroom. He saw a picture of my daughter. "Is that your daughter?" "Yes," I replied. "You must have been with a very black man." Alrighty then.
Good luck to all my fellow NaBloPoMo participants!
11.01.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




8 comments:
1) Best of luck to you on NaBoPoMo 2010. If anyone can do it, you can.
2)What the heck? That second comment was all sorts of inappropriate! LOL and shake my head at the same time.
wishing you luck and that second comment made me laugh out loud... :)
I'm doing NaNoWriMo. Who's crazier?
I just have to laugh at the stupid comments. I mean, seriously!
I get the "she looks like you" and I'm caucasian, mish-mash (German, English, Russian, Scotish) and she's Guatemalan. We look NOTHING alike! Oh, if I only had her beautiful looks.
Stefanie
First comment--love it!
Second comment--I would have forgotten I was a woman, a disciple of Jesus and the WWJD movement and would have opened all Malcom X plus hell up on his azz for the comment. I mean for real, what the hell kinda comment is that to say and to a lady????? That right there is "man-folk" language as my Dad would have said.
***You are one heck of a Saint to let it roll---I admire your strength!"***
LOL...LOL..."A very black man eh? She really isn't that dark. People are so nutty--and inapproprate. *sigh* smiling and shaking my head...
What is NaBoPoMo?
gd luck jennifer!
june g - nablopomo is when you post daily for the month of nov. click the link on the top right and it will take u to their site.
Post a Comment