Well, I decided enough was enough. I did a ton of research on ways to combat exhaustion and I am slowly incorporating all of them into my life. I am anemic so I take my iron. I try to get at least 7 hours of sleep a night. I exercise (very minimally--I am working on improving in this area) and now I am also eating right.
What have I eliminated? Darn near everything:
* grains
* processed foods
* caffeine
* dairy
* alcohol
* refined white sugar
...and more!
But I am not perfect. I eat dark chocolate. And red wine.
What I discovered, though, is without any grains I don't get cravings. I have lost ten pounds effortlessly. I don't feel deprived. It's been about a month and it is starting to sink in that this is my new way of eating. It's not a diet. It's not temporary. I know I will slip up but this is my goal.
Has my energy increased? Yes. Am I still tired? Yes, but I am not often deeply exhausted like I used to be. And a fun byproduct is I am experimenting with cooking! I am making all kinds of healthy dishes and I am proud that I am feeding my daughter healthy, nutrient rich meals.
Here's what we had for dinner last night: baked zucchini fries and a coconut chicken dish I made up.
For the fries I sliced up some zucchini. Then I dipped it in egg white and then in a mixture of coconut flour (grain free), garlic, basil, oregano and sea salt. Then I baked them for 20 minutes.
For the chicken recipe I sliced some chicken from my Whole Foods rotisserie chicken and threw it in a pan with some onions, mushrooms, Thai basil and olive oil. Then I threw in some spices. When it was done I topped it off with some coconut milk and a splash of Agave nectar.
I paired them both with a glass of red wine. Healthy and delicious!
** please excuse my terrible food photos!! I really need to take a class on how to use my camera! ... or at least read the manual!




6 comments:
Wow, it looks delicious! I would really like to change my eating habits just the way you did, but I still didn´t do that. :( I need a kick :))
Miam miam, ça a l'air bon et ça me donne faim!
It looks really good and makes me hunry ;o)
Anne from France
Since you're always tired and were tired before cutie pie then I suggest that you have your Dr test your Thyroid level.
Most women forget this test.
Also; eating baked salmon and sardines are a high iron source. Make sure to take your iron supplement with Vit C. It helps to absorb faster into your system.
Sen :)
Z, you can do it! just try for a week.
s, had thyroid tested. a-ok. and i do take vitc w my iron, thx.
YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!please do that zucchini for Thanksgiving!
I was doing really well then I dropped off in the food area but I'm back on it next week. I'm making those fries!
Post a Comment