11.27.2010

The Christmas Season is Here

How is it that Christmas is only 4 weeks away?! I have so many thoughts swirling in my head about the holiday and what traditions I want to do with my daughter. I can't believe that this year--finally--I will get to celebrate with my own child! I am so excited I can hardly stand it!

We got home from Pittsburgh this afternoon and one of the first things I did was put on the all-Christmas-music-all-the-time radio station. This will be on at home and in the car for the next month! I have also been contemplating all the Xmas decorations to put up and when to buy my first Xmas tree! Remember this shot from last year?

Well, that stocking gets to be filled this year! Squeal!


I have been thinking a lot about gifts, too. I hate the idea of having her get a bunch of plastic toys and making my house more cluttered. For sure though she will be getting an Elmo doll. She LOVES Elmo. I would also love to make her a wooden play kitchen. One with a sink, oven, fridge and real sewn curtains. Maybe I can find one in a thrift store? Other ideas that I shared with family are a doctor's kit (she always has me lie down to be her patient), those adoption books I blogged about, dress up clothes with jewelry and a stroller for her babies.

Oh, this is going to be so much fun!! For those of you reading this who are still waiting to bring your child home, don't worry--your time is coming. Look back in the archives for depressing Christmas posts of 2007, 2008 and 2009. Trust me, I've been there. Hang in there!

2 comments:

sko3 said...

There's a website called Ikea Hacks that has lots of ideas for how to make a play kitchen using IKEA products as the base and adding embellishments. I think there's a search function on the site. Anyway, the designs are really cute and cheap!

http://ikeahacker.blogspot.com/

Single PAP said...

Oh yes, I've seen that site but didn't think about looking there for ideas. Thx for the suggestion!