11.17.2010

Cause I Want to Remember

She will point to ladies when we are out and tell me or ask me if they are Mommies.

She randomly says, "Shubby, shubby, shubby." It cracks me up each time. She sounds like some old man blues singer.

She is so proud of going peepee and caca in the potty. She will jump up and dance! I need to be close by to avoid any splattering or before she pulls her pants back up. She is so independent that I can be preoccupied and turn around and see her sitting on the potty. She loves getting her one Sk!ttle for peepee and two for caca. She will remind me and say, "Pah-ee, pahee."

I found a 9 minute video on YouTube which repeats the ABC song over and over again with different visuals. It's great. It has fish swimming by, ants marching to the ABCs, flowers opening up with a letter on each flower, a lounge singer, a spooky house, etc. It cracks me up that when she sees the skeleton walking by she points at it and says, "Mommy!!" (I guess my weight loss is noticable-hahaha). I love that I can seat her in the seat next to me at the computer, put it on a different window and let her watch and sing while I am working on the computer. In fact, she's doing that right now while I am typing this post!

She is noticing things she finds pretty and will tell me. The other day we passed a store decorated with a huge wreath and she said, "Ook, Mommy! Rwitty!" (Look, Mommy! Pretty!)

She just starting saying pronouns. She will do something and yell out, "I did it!" She also says yours, along with mine which she learned a couple of months ago.

She has gotten really good at doing puzzles. I showed her how to match the sides and the color and she can now do that independently. As long as I am engaged with her she can do puzzles for about 10+ minutes.

She just started saying, "Um" when she is thinking of what to say.

She will say things are "Funny!"

She loves to sing her ABCs and will do so for anyone who calls the house or friends of mine at school. It is too adorable!!

She doesn't really do parallel play that I would expect at this age. Maybe she does this at school but here at home she usually wants me fully involved in the game. We do puzzles together, play with her teaset together and pretend to drink "fraffee" and eat cookies. She also plays alone when she is attending to Neigh or on her fire truck or dressing up.

The other day I was walking in the house with my arms full of groceries. Her bike was in the way so I kicked it to the side. She ran over to it and hugged it and asked it if it was OK. I felt bad and went over and apologized to her bike!

If I am looking for something and ask her where it is, if she knows she will run and show me and point to it and say, "Right dere, Mommy."


She has been crying less since she started sleeping with me. I feel like she needed more closeness. I also think she is getting more sleep. My room is really dark thanks to the shutters in there and with me laying still in the bed she eventually does too and therefore probably goes to sleep more quickly. It's been worth the sacrifice for me. I have also decided to pick her up from daycare at 4:00 three days a week from now on. I really need to work a ten hour day to do my job well, but my daughter is more important. So from now on I have decided that she will get me three afternons a week and my job can have me til 6, twice a week.

She is getting pretty good at covering her mouth when she coughs or sneezes. Well, about 30% of the time. :)

We will looking at a book or be driving down the street or at other random times and she will see a letter she knows and tell me. "A!!!" "B!!!!"

When she is coloring I will ask her to make a circle and she can.

She now says, "Umon!" (come on) and then instead of curling her fingers upwards to do the gesture, she has them facing down. If I don't get up and go where she wants me to go she will say, "Umon, Mommy" and then gently nudge me up to try to get me to stand up and follow her.

When we are walking down the steps to go to downstairs or leaving the house she will say good-bye to things. "Bye, Neigh! Bye shoe! Bye truck!" Sometimes she will even kiss the things good-bye. She always kissed the big pumpkin good-bye before it got carved. So sweet.

3 comments:

Tami said...

She is growing so fast and a sweetheart!

Anonymous said...

She's becoming a BIG girl right before our eyes. Too funny!!!

Sen :)

one + one said...

What a little cute! And so smart!!