11.19.2010

Green Spaghetti

The other night when I was driving home I was trying to think of a really quick dinner I could prepare. I failed at spaghetti a couple of weeks ago, meaning she refused to eat it. I wondered if it was too spicy but since I hadn't tried it I didn't know so I just threw it in the freezer to bring out another night. Since I am SO sick of cooking, I decided tonight was the night.

After school I left her at daycare and ran to the Safeway and picked up some spinach and ground turkey to create something more tasty so she would eat it. My plan was to hide the spinach in the spaghetti since she's become your typical American toddler and refusing vegetables. When I got home I defrosted the left over spaghetti, browned the turkey and added the spinach. I threw it in the Vitamix while I reheated her leftover pasta that I had frozen. I thought I was being pretty clever to hide the spinach in the spaghetti until I realized that using a whole bag of spinach is clearly not the proportion one should use to disguise something.


Yes, the sauce really did look that gross. "Oh no!" I thought as I left on the stove and went to retrieve her from daycare "there is no way she is going to eat green spaghetti. What a waste."

When we got home I crossed my fingers and served her up some green spaghetti. I could not believe it. She LOVED it!! When I set it down in front of her she said, "Yay!!" And after her first bite she said, "Yummy!" Funny girl. It was pretty good actually, oddly enough.


She ate FOUR bowls of the stuff! And a graham cracker for dessert.

2 comments:

I's mom said...

Wow! Broccoli and Spinach in two days. I need to get on your recipes right away. Nice job getting her to eat veggies. You should write the Sneaky Chef Part II book :-)

Anonymous said...

As long as she will eat is all that matters.

Sen :)