11.18.2010

Flourless Chocolate Cake

This doesn't really have the consistency of cake, more like a souffle or something, but it was good. Almi LOVED it! She even finished all her broccoli to try it. lol These pics aren't great but here you can see her trying to get every last bite! :)


Recipe (once again from elanaspantry.com):

3 large eggs, separated
¼ t. salt (I used less)
½ c. agave nectar
¼ c. grapeseed oil
1 c. mashed banana (about 2 bananas)
½ c. cocoa powder

1. In a Vitamix, whip egg yolks, agace and salt on medium for 1-2 minutes
2. Add grapeseed oil and banana and blend another minute or two
3. Blend in cocoa powder
4. In a bowl, whip egg whites to stiff peaks
5. Gently fold in contents of Vitamix into bowl with egg whites
6. Grease a 9" springfoam pan and pour in batter (I used a regular 8x8 glass dish)
7. Bake at 350᠐ for 25-30 minutes.

1 comment:

Tami said...

Yum!!!!!! I want a vitamix!