When they told me Naomi's report card was in her cubby and to not forget to take it home, can I tell you that I got nervous? What were they going to say? Who are these people that are going to judge my child? I also was initially annoyed that she even gets a report card at two but I asked them if it was more of a developmental checklist and they said yes which made me relieved but then nervous all over again and relieved and nervous and all my thoughts started running together andgettingalljumbled! hahaha
So, here it is. In my kitchen. My daughter's first report card. My daughter. Her first report card. This whole thing is so strange. I still look at her and get amazed that I even have a daughter and then I get hit on the head with things like school pictures and report cards and get shocked back into the reality of this life that I have. So odd. I wonder when I will totally feel normal about all of this!? But I digress.
It is three pages of checklists, most of which I agree with. I breathed a sigh of relief when I reached the last page and there wasn't anything disturbing or upsetting. Some of the language things she is having more difficulty with, understandably. It reminded me that some of my exhaustion and frustrations that we encounter are mostly centered around language acquisition. When I am reminded that most two year olds can speak in sentences and express themselves clearly I don't feel so bad about how she acts sometimes or how I sometimes feel. When I am reminded that she has only been learning English for eight months I am more patient when she doesn't do as I say or cries when I wouldn't expect her to. Sometimes she may just not understand!
To read that she is a "very happy and cheerful child" makes me feel so good inside because I know that she is generally a happy kiddo even if she is going through her crying bouts. I am tremendously happy to read that she is happy when I am not with her. I'm happy that others are able to see that side of her. I am also very happy to read that she grasps new ideas quickly. And in that order. Sure, I want her to grasp new ideas quickly, of course! But her happiness is what is most important to me and am happy--no thrilled!!-- to read that she is.
Mommy's proud of you little girl!
How cute is this Tommy Hilfiger dress I picked up for her at the thrift store for $4?




4 comments:
I love that dress on her its so cute and perfect for school :)
A Happy, Cheerful Child that they all enjoy...
That lets you know that you're doing a good job, Momma. Keep up the good work. Love the cute dress. Enjoy!!!!
Sen :)
wonderful "report card"!
great photo of our school girl!
m
Yay Naomi! Smart happy girl. And very well dressed cutie pie!
Post a Comment