Almi has one main teacher, that teacher has an assistant, and then there three other teachers who don't work with her directly but who see her every day (and give her hugs and love). I want to get her main teacher and the assistant a gift to recognize my appreciation for all they do for my daughter but I don't want to leave the others out ...and I don't want to spend a lot of money in the process.
I bought all the material to make
these ornaments I saw on someone's blog. Loved them! Ran out and bought all the materials. But, sadly, they did not turn out the way I had hoped. I think the washers I bought were too thick to stamp. Luckily, I have another idea that I may still be able to use the washers for but I may also do it for family so I can't post about it until after the holidays ;-)
So, back to the drawing board. I was at a drugstore and saw these cute tins of cookies for $1.50.

I love these butter cookies and the tins are cute and festive so I bought three. Now all I need are gifts for her main teacher and the assistant.
I bought these tins at the thrift store, remember?

I think they are so cute but I really don't know what to put in them. Tea? Candy? Teacher supplies? Right now they have a Nutcracker ornament and some candy but they are clearly in need of some serious help.

I think I will keep them the same (though I was considering throwing in a gift card for her main teacher). Oh, I don't know. I need ideas!! I want them to be cute and original but I am drawing a blank. Any suggestions??
5 comments:
I would add some Christmas candy and ink pens/markers and a $10.00 gift card from Home Go*ods, Of*fice Max, TJM*axx or Tar*get. You could always get silk xmas flowers from the dollar store and make a flower arrangement then place the candy in a small gift bag.
Just a couple of ideals. Have fun!!
Sen :)
Also; Home Go*ods has inexpensive gifts with coffee/tea and the cup included.
Sen
I struggle with this every year. I still don't have something for my son's teacher either and his last day is tomorrow. As a teacher, I often try to think about the gifts that have meant the most to me. A card with heartfelt thanks is always at the top of the list but chocolates and coffee cards are a close second :)
Love the idea of tea bags - but then I'm a big tea drinker & love trying different kinds - jasmin, Moroccan mint. How could anyone not be happy with beautiful, fragrant teas?
AuntB
We make a donation to AAI in the teacher's name and then give them some homemade Almond Roca in a pretty bag. The teachers love it!
Becky
Post a Comment