12.25.2010

Our First Christmas

I heard her call my name this morning. I thought to myself, 'This is it. I have been waiting for this moment for so long. A Christmas morning with my own child.' We walked down the steps and I pointed to her stocking. "Elmo!," she said as I took it down off the hook. She looked inside and was happy with each thing. It was so cute and she was so appreciative. She said, "Thank you, Mommy." I loved that. It was so beautiful to see her so happy with just the small things in her stocking! She especially enjoyed the candy which she ate immediately. It was so simple and sweet and getting to see her face light up was priceless.

After presents we drove up to Baltimore to have dinner with family. They prepared a feast!!! Turkey (baked and deep fried), ham, duck, mac&cheese, greens, potato salad, green beans, rolls, crabmeat stuffing, candied yams, sauerkraut and cranberry sauce... Wow. They went all out. And let's not forget the cake, pie and ice cream! The food was amazing, of course, but really it was so nice to spend time with family. It's just us two so much of the time and I feel more complete with family around. I enjoy being able to share her and have us all spend time together and it was great that she recognized everyone. We all love and appreciate having this sweet baby in our family!!! She is a blessing. So, so loved! And it made my heart swell to see her so happy. It was a really beautiful day. Christmas 2010. I will never forget it.first lollipop!

6 comments:

veggiemom said...

So glad you had a great 1st Christmas together!!!

Anonymous said...

Nice pics. You guys are so happy. It was ALL (tears, screams and smiles) worth it in the end.
Enjoy!!

Sen :)

Chrissy said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! and yes, this is by far the best!

Eihpets said...

What a beautiful and happy Christmas! How wonderful to see the day through a child's eye. Enjoy the rest of your holidays!

Bennett said...

precious!!! that last pic w/her laying on u under the tree is priceless

OMG! just one year ago, things were different for all of us waiting to bring our children home....look at what GOD can do!!!!!!!!

Jennifer said...

What a beautiful first Christmas together! And great photos!