12.03.2010

December is Staring Me in the Face

I was thinking about my to do list and realized there are 31 things on it and there are 31 days in December and doing one a day seemed totally reasonable... until I remembered that there are about 31 other things that I should have put on it!

1. Stain the frames that I bought like ten months ago and hang her family pictures
2. Sand and stain her rocking chair, table, chair and doll bed like I had planned to when I bought them from thrift stores
3. Caulk my tub
4. Decorate her nursery with all the butterfly motif stuff I purchased
5. Buy a new keyboard where the o doesn't stick
6. Research readoption to see if I can do it myself
7. Repaint my bedroom and closet
8. Get a haircut
9. Study my camera manual so I can take better pictures
10. Call handyman (again) to get closet door fixed and pick up friend's TV
11. Make an album of the baptism photos...


OK, STOP!! I know. I'll stop now. I could go on and on. Way past 31. Blah.

Buuuut, on a more positive note, I realized there are 31 days in the month and if I can cross off just one each day that first list will be completed! So, today is Dec. 3 and I can proudly say I can cross of three things: I took my phone to the Sprint store (they couldn't find anything wrong with it since it mysteriously started working again as I was standing in line) and I called to see if I have a doctor's appointment on Monday (I do) and I wrote my Xmas letter. Yay! Only 28 more things to do this month!

On a more fun and (slightly) less stressful note, I searched high and low for the Xmas decorations until I remembered my friend put them in the shower stall in the basement when were were moving things out of the way for it to be painted. I am ecstatic! All these decorations I have accumulated over the years can finally be enjoyed by someone other than me! She already has gone into the box and pulled stuff out.


She's excited and they aren't even up yet! LOL

A friend of mine is coming over on Saturday night and we are going to do Christmas-y stuff. I need to get the cleaning done on the first floor at least so we can decorate. Which reminds me, I need to buy the tree on Saturday afternoon.

Here is my horrid, chaotic living room as of today:


To the top left you can see the couch is piled high with coats and jacket and hats and scarves. Beside that is my wine rack, candles and end tables that tip over when toddlers put their weight on them. They are shoved in the corner ever since the time she knocked over the end table or was it when I caught her waving two wine glasses around? At the top of the frame you see our bike helmets and a pile of stuff for the consignment shop. Unfortunately the consignment shop appointment I have been waiting for for two freakin' months now conflicts with my couch delivery. Figures. On the right you see a table I listed on Craig's List but never sold. It has three baskets underneath it which hold her puzzles, blocks and other random toys so at least it has a function as much of an eyesore it has been for the past 2 months. In the center you see her bike, the Christmas decorations, my new water filter and God knows what else. You can also see my bike which is propped up against my bookcase.

Doesn't this living room scream warm and cozy? Ugh. The upside is it won't look like this for long. Clearly this needs to be on the to do list for tomorrow since this is the room where the new couch, my friend's TV and the Xmas tree all need to fit! Did I mention I am coming down with a cold?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHH

4 comments:

InventingLiz said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who piles stuff on the couch in the living room - I've got a couch and three chairs in there, and the only place anyone can reliably sit is the chair in front of the computer!

Jennifer said...

I should make a list of things I have to do (particularly if I am moving) but I am afraid!

I did the re-adoption myself. My social worker told me who to call and it was quite easy. But I can't speak for DC.

Anonymous said...

Laua-
Please take pic of Almaz after you decorate the tree. I would love to see her expression. Take care of your cold; so that you can enjoy the holidays. Also; Shannon's ideal to use a pic for your X-mas letter is great. You can always dress her up and take a pic in front of the Xmas tree at the mall or use a pic from Thanksgiving and this pass summer.

Enjoy your weekend.

Sen :)

Anonymous said...

oh, dear...what can i say?... but you do have a plan...and it will work out...light at the end of the tunnel...mine, too! mmmmmm