But it also makes me sick which is a huge negative. Duh. But somehow I don't remember that when I am doing it.
So, I took a sick day today. Ah, a day to rest and relax and get some sleep.
Not.
I had to get up to drop her at daycare. Here she is outside of my school looking as cute as ever in the gifts my cousin's family sent her. My cousin's wife works for Ralph Lauren and sent her a vest, coat, mittens, hat and scarf! Nice, good quality stuff! And she looks so cute in it!
Here it is:
After I printed out the list I was going to run to my appt. and then go to sleep. Instead I...
* went to the doctor to get bloodwork
* went to T@rget to a few Xmas decorations, stocking stuffers and the gift for the exchange
* browsed in a shoe store (browsed in a shoe store! -- I forgot how fun that is!)
* came home and checked email and blogs
* gathered another bag for Goodwill
* called the consignment shop and explained my dilemma
* dropped my stuff off at the consignment shop (they said I could drop it off a day early! yay!)
* picked up my check for $14.90 waiting there for me
* drove to the neighborhood thrift store and dropped off my items instead of Goodwill
Can we say productive?! I forgot how easy it is to get things done without a toddler in tow!
Funny story: I was in T@rget checking things off my list when I looked up and couldn't find my list! Can I tell you a feeling of panic washed over me?! I needed my list!! So I searched for it. Back to the candy aisle where I picked up some candy canes. Back to the stocking stuffer area where I got some items for the gift exchange. Back to the Christmas trees where I pondered buying a fake tree. Back through aisle after aisle of lights, ornaments, wrapping paper, ribbon.. until I found it and breathed a huge sigh of relief!
Oh, and this, too. Look at my car before the thrift store drop off!
Yeah, I could have made a nice chuck of change if I had only sold each thing for $1 but it feels good to A. get it out of my house but also B. knowing that even if I didn't make any money off of the stuff (other than the write off) someone else is going to make good use of the things when they purchase them and that isn't a financial gain but it does bring me a great deal of satisfaction.
While I was at the local thrift store I found two items I could not pass up.
Look at this T@lbots dress I got!
Minus the $14.90 I made earlier in the day bringing total cost down to $6.27.
Not bad. That's a price a broke momma can justify.
All in all, a very productive and satisfying day. I didn't rest or clean the living room for the couch delivery but I napped two hours when I put Almi down and eventually turned in shortly after midnight.




2 comments:
You and Tami find some of the best deals. Luv them!
Sen :)
Don't forget to follow up on #36---whether it's bills or wills!!!!
PS>>>> I heart your boots!
Post a Comment