The other day Almi had explosive diarrhea in school and they came to find me because she didn't have a change of clothes. "Why doesn't she have a change of clothes?!" they berated. Um, because you didn't tell me she had used them all? Like I'm keeping track. Luckily the car was packed for Goodwill so I went out there and pulled out a pair of 4T pants that someone had given me and brought them in for her to put on. (They fit! Trust, I was almost more horrified about that than the diarrhea.) As I was putting the pants on her, her teacher asked, "Has she eaten anything different?" I told her no. Same stuff as always.
When we got home that night she wouldn't eat any dinner so I just chalked it up to her not feeling well and got her ready for bed. When I took off her jumper, though, I noticed that something red was spilled on her white shirt. It didn't look like paint or marker so I smelled it. It smelled sweet, like Jell0. I was so annoyed! Was she not hungry because they gave her additional snack? Does this happen frequently? She will act like she has the same level of hunger all throughout the meal which might make you think she really is still hungry, but I have learned that she just eats to be social. If I can distract her she completely forgets about the food. I have recently begun packing her less in her lunch because it helps her to eat the healthy foods at dinner if she has an appetite, but now I wonder if are feeding her more snacks at school.
Annoyed, I went in the next day I went in and asked them about it. Her teachers both vehemently insisted that she only ate (and she always only eats) what I provide her. I told them it smelled sweet, like food--like Jell0--and they said the definitely did not give anything to her. I didn't believe them, of course, but what could I do? The day after that I was putting her lunch in the daycare refrigerator and there on the shelf were cups of leftover red Jell0 with whipped cream. This is exactly what I thought it was, the sugary school lunch Jell0 cups they serve in the cafeteria. I pulled one out and told her teacher I had the proof and she still insisted that she didn't eat it! Come on! My daughter can't tell me what she eats but the evidence was on her shirt! Wtf?
The second thing I am upset about is they have Christmas trees up in her classroom. I wanted to be there when she saw her first Christmas tree--the look of wonder in her eyes when it lit up. Yeah, they beat me to that. Sniff.
Well now I just learned they have a school field trip planned to the mall to see Santa! I haven't even officially decided what I am doing about the big guy but now I feel pressured to take her there first!!
I love the daycare but dang, I hate it too. Grrrrrr I wanna homeschool! Waaaaaaaahh!
12.03.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment