12.02.2010

Soooo Busy!!

I was talking to my Aunt about how overwhelming my life is and all the things I have to do each day and she said, "Name three things."

If she only knew.

Here are the things that are in my head right now. I figured if I wrote them down (and yeah, a blog may not be the best place, but it's my blog and in a way it could be interesting to look back at the mundane as well in a few years)... so here we go:

1. Write my Xmas letter
2. Mail Xmas cards
3. Clean my house and prepare for couch delivery on Saturday
4. Gather items for the mother of all Goodwill runs
5. Gather items for my appt. with the consignment shop for Saturday
6. Buy/make teacher gifts
7. Buy/make gifts for friends and family
8. Argue with Comcast about why there is still an unpaid balance on my bill when I spent an hour arguing with them last month only to be assured that I was paid in full
9. Find and return the Netflix movies that I have had out since December '09! (I know.. I became a mom!)
10. Go to the gym or cancel my membership
11. Rearrange my house in preparation for the couch delivery
12. Find the receipts for my new washer and dryer. They were Energy Star and I get a rebate.
13. Send in the warranty on my VitaMix (if it isn't too late)
14. Send the package I got for donations for Ethiopia to a traveling parent
15. Return the almond flour I ordered (exchange it for blanched almond flour)
16. Do the gingerbread man project (Almi's homework)
17. Call and see if I really do have a doctor's appt. for Monday
18. Buy the gift for the gift exchange at Almi's daycare
19. Color my hair
20. Exchange my space heater (the cord gets hot!)
21. Buy and install window guards for the windows that could become a safety issue
22. Yardwork that I have ignored all summer and fall
23. Decorate my house for Xmas
24. Plan/invite/shop for Open House
25. Buy a Christmas tree/tree stand
26. Make a dentist appt. for Almi and me
27. Opthamologist appt. for me
28. Rent out the basement
29. Go to Sprint store and get phone fixed
30. Write thank you notes
31. Increase my life insurance...

AND THE LIST GOES ON AND ON AND ON!!!

And of course this list doesn't include a million job-related items waiting for me at work!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Laura-

My "to do" list is just as long and I don't have a little one. Want to trade?
I think it's called Life and then some. LOL
I try to do the small ones together. Take one day at a time; that's all you can do..
Don't try to be a Superwoman!!!! LOL

Enjoy
Sen :)

StefB said...

You're brave to write the list. I'm too scared. :)

Stefanie

Sha Zam- said...

I've learned that prioritizing means somethings just Do not get done and I have to consider what is really important= some considerations from a woman with a list at least this long and thinking that I may not do any of it this year just enjoy my son

1. Write my Xmas letter-Make it a New Years letter and you have more wiggle room

3. Clean my house and prepare for couch delivery on Saturday-hire someone else or invite over a friend who considers cleaning 'cathartic'- I do!


7. Buy/make gifts for friends and family- Take photos of kiddo- burn same copy on cd of photos and give as gifts to everyone.
8. Argue with Comcast about why there is still an unpaid balance on my bill when I spent an hour arguing with them last month only to be assured that I was paid in full-ignore it and see if goes away
9. Find and return the Netflix movies that I have had out since December '09! (I know.. I became a mom- they may have already charged you for them anyway.

18. Buy the gift for the gift exchange at Almi's daycare- SERIOUSLY? AT daycare?!?!??
19. Color my hair
20. Exchange my space heater (the cord gets hot!)- not optional that crap is dangerous
21. Buy and install window guards for the windows that could become a safety issue-hire out or have handy neighbor/uncle visit with tools.

22. Yardwork that I have ignored all summer and fall-hire someone else or invite handy uncle again.

23. Decorate my house for Xmas-totally optional
24. Plan/invite/shop for Open House-??
25. Buy a Christmas tree/tree stand- ideal- but looking at others is just as much fun... I'm considering a drive around to look at lights each night instead of rearranging everything for tree??at least this year
26. Make a dentist appt. for Almi and me- ya rush that...not

30. Write thank you notes- order note cards with pic of kiddo and you can send them whenever you want and no one will mind
31. Increase my life insurance... important- but not a must do today

Anonymous said...

Hi Laura. Your list is indeed formidable,and I agree with Sen -"Don't try to be a Superwoman". Divide it up : 1. phone calls 2.appointments to keep 3. errands to run. 4. household maintenance (ie folding laundry etc.) 5. Christmas stuff. Wish I were closer to help. On another topic - I love your blog & look forward to it every night.
Hugs to Almi & you. And i think you are an amazing Mom. Love,AuntB

Single PAP said...

thanks all, especially shannon for all the tips.

aunt b - you look forward to my blog EVERY night??!?! AAAAAAARRGGGGGGGGHHHHH those daily posts were for nablopomo. now i also have pressure to post original, insightful, entertaining, picture heavy, funny posts every day as well! help!!!!!!!

:-D