4.23.2011

Monser, Mommy!

This morning Naomi woke up very early so after a quick trip to the potty we both got back into my bed and went back to sleep. Later that morning we were chatting on my bed and she said to me, "Mommy, I'm sared (scared)" and snuggled in for a hug.
"Why Pumpkin, what's wrong?"
"Monser, Mommy! Monser sare me."
"There no monsters, Pumpkin. Don't be scared."
"Yes, Mommy! Monser der!" and she pointed off the side of the bed to an empty space on the floor.
"Really, Pumpkin? You see a monster?"
"Yes, Mommy. I sared."
"What color is the monster?"
"Blue."
"Blue?"
"Yes," she replied nodding her head with a worried look on her face.
"How many eyes does it have?"
"One, two, three, four."
"Four eyes?"
"One. One eye."
"What color is his eye?"
"I no no. I can' see it."
"What's the monster doing?"
"He eatin'." ... "No, Monser! No do dat."
"What's he doing?"
"He eatin' on da for (floor)."
"No do dat Monser. Der germs. Der germs on the for."
Then she got distracted and fell back on the bed and chatted for a bit. When she sat back up a minute later she looked back to the same spot and then turned to me and said, "Mommy. Where da monser go?"
"It's gone?"
"Where he go, Mommy?"
"I don't know, Pumpkin. He's gone?"
"Where he go?"

Interesting. Very interesting! Can I say how fun it is to have her around now that she can communicate with me.. even if it is about scary, blue one-eyed monsters!

1 comment:

kellycamille said...

oh my goodness, so amazing and wonderful that you captured that conversation. that was priceless. i wonder what she imagined - or shoot, maybe she saw something and you didn't! kids have that special, untainted, spiritual sense, ya know.