I was reading on the Salsa in China blog of the idea of posting every day for 30 days ("Spring Fling") to bring us out of the doldrums of Winter. Well, it was 80's today and feeling quite like Summer around here but what the heck. The rule is 30 consecutive days in spring so basically the month of April. I can do that. I'm busy as all get out, but even a short post to keep a record of all this craziness is a good idea.
As I was saying, the weather was gorgeous today. I was reminded to slow down and just enjoy the sunshine streaming down on me, warming my back, brightening my soul. They are calling for the weather to dip back down into the 50s this week but I know warm weather is on its way for good very soon and that makes me very happy.
I must get downtown to see the cherry blossoms. I think Naomi will appreciate them. She is staring to really get into pink as much as I try to not encourage it. Heehee. Here are a few shots I have taken in random years:
And the bulletin board I had my kids make to let the blossoms hang around just a little it longer.
Cherry blossoms are so lovely. It's a shame they only last a few short weeks, but they make you slow down and make the time to see them. And that makes you really appreciate them. I find when I am photographing cherry blossoms I am totally present, taking it all in.
Have a great week and take some time to enjoy the cherry blossoms today.




4 comments:
Holly likes pink too! I think it just works that way.
Yesterday was gorgeous!! I can't wait for more days like that.
Gorgeous blossoms!!
Beautiful pics.... I'm ready for warm weather; can't wait for the summer. I swear I can't take another winter. :)
Enjoy your week!
Sen
Ps. Luv, Salsa in China; those twins make me laugh.
jennifer - park playdate soon!
thx m3 and sen! they are easy to photograph with all that natural beauty!
Post a Comment