4.20.2011

Shoes



Almi grows out of shoes so quickly!! I seriously only get about 4 or 5 months out of them before they start to get too tight and squeeze her little toes. While she was at her teacher's house this past weekend I ran into the thrift store to see if I could find any water shoes for the beach. I came out with three pairs of shoes. To be honest, I'm not completely comfortable with her wearing used shoes with growing feet and all but I figure as long as I switch them out with brand new shoes (which she wears more often) she should be OK.

I found the water shoes, which look like they have hardly been worn at all and a pair of brand new Old Navy sneakers. New for $3.93. Yay! The third pair I picked up were definitely worn but they only cost $2.92 though so I couldn't leave them there. I figure she can wear them with socks if they don't come clean enough for my liking and will be for rough and tumble days or when we go hiking until I can get around to purchasing the Keen's I have been eyeing. In the meantime, $11.43 isn't bad for three pairs of shoes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry, your child isn't on her way to having gigantic feet. They ususally need new shoes every 3-4 months at this age. Tonya

Debbie said...

Great shoes, my daughter has the same pink water shoes and you cannot beat that fantastic deal you got.
Debbie.

Jebena said...

Wise Shopper!

I REFUSE to buy shoes at full price anymore---I have found two wonderful children's consignment shops in my driving areas where NO shoes are over $8.00. I've purchased shoes new or barely worn that came from Nordstrom, Saks, Janie/Jack, The Gap, and Stride-Rite shoes with tags still on them retailing at $65.00 for a size 8 wtf????!!!!

All I do is wipe the insides out with those clorex wipes and viola-NEW SHOES!(They don't need to be wiped, it's just something I do because I'm a bleach-freak).

Prices being low, I'm able to grab up 4-5 pairs of shoes without missing a penny since being on the Envelope Spending & Budget System.

With feet growing fast, it just makes practical sense to shop consignment!