I think the fact that I am doing this solo means I probably get more fed up or lose my patience more than couples or singles with family or help because they get a break from it. Here, it's all me, all the time. (But not for long! Soon, my new nanny Donna will be around to help out!)
And, one more thing, yes, her report card is totally lame. There is a long checklist where she can get a 1,2,3 or a 4 but the comments are seriously lacking. I was really, really disappointed when I first saw it last fall because as a new parent I was hanging on every word of teachers. I was so looking forward to getting a lengthy report card full of anecdotes and quotes and tidbits on my girl, giving me an insight into the day that I was missing but not so much. It was especially hard because I used to teach preschool and we did just that. The report cards were narratives, 3 pages long, full of information and the parent-teacher conferences were 45 minutes long! Great for the parents.
Almi's school? Nope, no such luck. But that school where I taught came with a hefty tuition fee. The 3 day a week half day program (8:30a.-12pm) will set you back $16,960! Seriously. And full day for preschool? A staggering $26,810. You better provide a 3 page narrative and 45 minute parent teacher conference for that! Meanwhile, Almi's full day program (7am-6pm) only costs me $285/wk. Ridiculously low for this area. I can't expect too much for that. Yeah, the report card sucks but I can't expect to get what high-end private schools provide. She's learning a lot, her teachers love her and most importantly she is happy to go each day. I mean, seriously. Look at that face!!




1 comment:
Ok now, if you say so. Otherwise, I was thinking I needed to fly in and stand in Almi's classroom doorway rolling my eyes at the teachers until it looked like I had fallen asleep (yep, I can roll my eyes that long and deep--lol).
Glad to know she likes her school!
Post a Comment