We found parking in the lot and I hustled her down the street to the theater for an 11:35 am showing of Hop. There was only one person in front of us in line and only one behind us which was good when I had to run after her remind her that if she couldn't behave we wouldn't stay. I have to say I was pretty impressed with how well behaved she was.
I bought my ticket (she was free but mine was $9.00--seriously?! for a matinee?!) and we hopped on the escalator for the long ascent to the theater. She though this was pretty exciting. Then I stopped at the concession stand for some popcorn and a lemonade. I balanced the snacks and encouraged her to follow me by enticing her with as much popcorn as she could eat once we sat down. I opted against butter, as much as I wanted it, as I thought it could get very messy. Good call. I snapped this quick photo of her in the lobby before we entered the theater.

When we got to the theater there were only two people inside, which was great since the previews had already started and it was dark. Darn previews added an additional 15 minutes to our movie stay and they were so loud! I hope I didn't damage her hearing in there. Dang. We settled into our seats and I poured some popcorn into the tray for her to eat. She munched happily while paying some attention to what was on the screen. I had to prop my leg up on her seat though because she isn't heavy enough to keep it propped open fully and I was worried she might get shut up inside it!
We ate popcorn and I have to say she was quiet and attentive. She only spoke few times and only got up twice. I ordered a small lemonade for us to share but that darn thing was still huge! What is with the drink sizes in movie theaters?! She kept asking for more and after she took a walk down the row of seats and almost disappeared down the steps I had to snatch her back to sit down for more time. Offering her more to drink was the easiest way. Not surprisingly, she had to go "peepee" so I used that as my ticket to leave the theater quietly and without incident, even though we had only watched about one half of the film. I was fine with that though. I'm not the biggest fan of children's movies.
Here we are on the escalator ride back down.

(why don't Blackberry's take better pictures?!)
It was fun, but I think she needs to be a bit older for us to actually enjoy an entire show so afterwards we did a nice age-appropriate activity and went to the park. She had a ball there!

We both did.
Almi took my phone and snapped this funny picture of me.
Then we went home for lunch and nap but not before she enjoyed one of her other favorite past times: searching for dandelions ("My flowers!!!!!") and then grabbing them and blowing their seeds all over my lawn (it's hopeless)
and of course tasting them. lol

all I could do was laugh... Hope you had a great Sunday!




4 comments:
I love these photos! Thanks!
Oh aren't dandelions just The Best?!! Of course, much preferred if they're in someone else's lawn. Heh. Our girls pounce the second they see one, and I think they secretly hate our gardener because he doesn't let any grow in our yard.
thanks, kn.
and m3, that is the ticket! a gardener! i secretly hate that you have a dandelion-free lawn :) though it is cute to see how happy she is to see "her flowers'.
Great post!
Post a Comment