4.18.2011

Cause I Wanna Remember

I found this in my archives and never published it. I wrote it back in August when she had only been home for 5 months and had just turned two. I have to publish it. I included some photos taken of her in August to go along with this old post.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(I love this photo! It looks like it could be the cover of a book.)

I unbuckle the car seat and she can swing her arms out of the straps with ease. If she's holding something she will put it into her other hand, take out that arm, and switch.

When I'm in the shower I will sporadically call out: "Are you being a good girl??!!!!" and she will come running from whatever room she playing in into the bathroom, peek her head in the door or pull back the shower curtain and confirm with a big smile "Goo gull!" This will happen several times during my shower.

When she really, really wants something (like some banana or for me toput on a video) and I give it to her she screams in joy and then she pats my leg and says, "Mommy" and nods her head. It's like she's saying, "Man, I have the greatest mom ever. Thanks, mommy!"

If she likes what I've prepared for her to eat she looks at me and nods and smiles while she's eating it. I join in and we eat in silence nodding and smiling about the great meal.

When she is really happy or content, she smiles with lips closed.

She kisses the things she loves. This is often her stuffed animals or her babies but also books, live animals and even food. She will even kiss her her banana that I give her for snack.

She is so free with hugs and kisses. She will hug her teachers, her friends, my friends, our relatives. It is so sweet!

No comments: