The finished basket.
The Easter Bunny arrived a day early at our house so Almi could enjoy her basket in her own room. I knew family was going to spoil her when we arrived (and they did.. candy, stuffed rabbit, books, clothes, etc.) so I thought it made sense to split up the candy and gifts over two days. She had so much fun seeing what was inside it. She loved the candy (of course) and ate almost all of it before breakfast but she happily shared some with me when I asked. Sweet girl.
After opening her basket we had to hop in the shower and get dressed so we could get on the road to Grandma's house. She refused to put her egg down for the shower so she took a shower with it in her hands. Silly girl.
After breakfast we headed out to my parent's house. When we arrived the weather was lovely so I took her to this really great park I discovered. It had all kinds of cool play equipment. She played for over an hour and tired herself out.
On Easter morning we went to church. She was quite good. She lasted about 2o minutes before announcing very loudly that she had to "peepee". We didn't make it back in after that but I took her in to hear the recessional hymn with all the pomp and circumstance and she enjoyed that a lot. Here we are outside of the church. The rain let up just enough for us not have to put up our umbrellas. My mom got her that adorable Easter dress with matching headband.
I love having pics of us together and I have gotten pretty good at getting cute shots without anyone's help. The picture above I took by stretching out my arm and the picture below I did with the self-timer.
After church we went back to my mom's house for brunch, nap and dinner before driving back home. For brunch she ate all the candy in the Easter basket my sister got for her, 3 bowls of dry cereal, a container of yogurt, a banana, a glass of orange juice, half a slice of toast, half of a fried egg, a few bites of a hot cross bun, some cheese, some raisins and a large chocolate chip cookie! That girl can put it away!
We hit a lot of traffic coming home which added two hours to our trip home but my little traveler was a great sport. And to top it off she even requested to hear Coldplay! She's awesome. :-D Hope you had a great Easter!




4 comments:
she looks adorable in her Easter Dress :-) Best Wishes on your moving and starting a new adventure! Can't wait to read about it!
Love the pictures----especially the ones of Almi and your Mom. When I look at the pictures of the two of them together, I just smile a big ol'grin-smile. I'm so thankful you didn't wait to have your daughter the mainstream way.
She took a shower with her egg -- precious!!!
Happy Easter.
hysterical about all that food she ate! now i understand what you've been talking about. sweet girl, can't wait to meet her. i gotta get some coldplay in my car! :0)
Post a Comment