As the time for us to leave is getting closer I am appreciating where we are so much more. Isn't that always the case? Me and my friends are already starting to miss one another (and we are still here together!) but it's because we know the move is imminent so we are making time to see each other and say how much we mean to one another. Isn't it a shame we can't do that for each other on a daily basis? It's been an excellent lesson for me to remember to make more of an effort to express how important everyone is for no reason and at any random time. My house, my job, my neighborhood, living on the East coast are also really great, too. Again, now that I am leaving I can clearly see how many wonderful things I have right here. Along with my good friends and family, here are 25 other things that I am going to miss that I thought of off the top of my head...
1. my $1.99 dry cleaners
2. all the Ethiopian restaurants, people & cultural events
3. my art studio
4. fall leaves
5. spring flowers
6. all the creative ideas for my house never realized
7. my bed
8. how quiet my neighborhood is
9. easy access to Stevia, almond flour, pastured eggs, etc.
10. my easy-going co-workers
11. the new friends I have made in the past year
12. living within driving distance of family
13. seeing my friend's Ethiopian children coming to their new home in the US
14. all the outdoor summer festivals and concerts
15. my new couch
16. my short commute through quaint, tree-lined streets
17. the hand-me-downs my co-workers give me for Almi
18. large, clean grocery stores with familiar brands
19. relatively clean drinking water straight from the tap
20. having tenure and job security
21. friendships with other single parents and other single, adoptive parents
22. Netflix
23. having a car to get around
24. Almi's Ethiopian preschool teacher who loves her like family
25. snow days
4.19.2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




13 comments:
Are you going to post about where you're moving? It sounds very far. (and send me your new address please)
of course i will haze! oh, and happy birthday!!
Just like you have 25 things you'll miss; you find those things and many more when you move to your new place. GOD will always make sure your needs are met.
Sen :)
very true, sen. i have already written the 25 things i am looking forward to post to be posted on thursday!
Are you coming to Europe? :) That would be great :)
But I think this is not the cause because you are talking about relatively clean drinking water straight from the tap-we have that too ;)
Please tell me you will continue to blog from your new home!! Tonya
# 19 has me asking and begging.....Please tell me you are moving back to Ethiopia so that I can celebrate Abesha style------elelelelelele!
i haven't decided if i will completely disclose where we are moving to or if i will continue blogging publicly... so many considerations.. but if i go private i will invite my loyal readers along :)
As a long time reader, I would miss you terribly if you no longer blogged.
But I will wish you well and send happy thoughts.
You have us all curious and sending well wishes!
Dang!!!! I am so noisy and your blogging doesn't help my inquiring mind (slash) detective wondering. Are you going to South America????
WHY oh WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY can't you tell us.
. . .oh well, if you go private with the blogging, please consider inviting me. . . I feel like I'm saying good-bye to my BFF and this now my heart feels sad...downer...missing you and Almi already.
I'm guessing you are going to Africa, like Senegal. Just a guess...
Oh no, please don`t stop bloging! :(
Would miss you so much if you do...
Post a Comment