The eve of my courtdate is upon me once again. I have not slept well all week. I am not sure why that is. I feel confident that my agency took care of the problem and I will pass tomorrow, but for some reason I haven't been able to sleep. It's been one of the most exhausting weeks of my life!! I haven't been able to sleep but I also haven't been able to be very productive. I've just been an emotional wreck.
Part of me is worried that I won't pass. If I don't, then when will my new courtdate be? Or what if I learn that I won't become her mother? I don't even want to think about those outcomes. But, frankly, part of me is also nervous that I will pass. Passing means that my life is about to change in a huge way and the unknowns of that make me nervous. I am a risk taker and I love adventure so I don't know why I am stressed out but I am. It would help if someone in my family had done an adoption before. Or it would help if I had husband. Shoot, it would help if I had a million dollars! But, I don't.. it's just me and my girl (and my growing village) and of course God is there to help and guide me on this incredible journey. I am not really alone and a million dollars won't make me a better mother. I'll be fine. I. can. do. this.
Please pray for me and my girl tonight. I hope to bring you good news tomorrow!
2.01.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




22 comments:
Got it marked on my calendar with a big happy face... Tomorrow is the day!!!!! I am sending prayers out into the universe that your lovely girl will be legally yours as of tomorrow. I am confident that your agency will have taken care of all that needed to be done and this time tomorrow it will be bellinis for everyone! I was nervous and excited too. It's normal.. this is a huge thing, but such an amazing and wonderful thing!! Looking forward to an email with good news tomorrow!
hugs to you and hugs and kisses to your far away girl who will be with you soon.
:) Robyn
I've been following your blog for a little while and I'm hopeful that you will pass court tomorrow. I just accepted a referral this weekend so I will be where you at this moment very soon. I wish you all the best.
"A million dollars won't make me a better mother." I think I'm going to have that framed and hang it in a prominent place in my house - thanks for the reminder!
Good luck with the court date!
You can do it! Your life will change in a million ways, but almost all are great. Good Luck with court!
Good luck tomorrw! Keep us up to date with postings through the morning, ok? coz the first place I'm checking is here.
Yes, it's huge.
And yes, it would be easier with a hubby or money.
But if I can do it, so can you. So far, I'm doing it. one day at a time. With massive snowstorms and days without heat and car accidents and slipping and pulling a muscle in my leg and all kinds of stuff. so you will too. Hopefully without the crashes and injuries ;-)
you are MOST DEFINITELY in my thoughts and prayers. can't wait to hear the good word tomorrow.
hope you can get some sleep!
Praying laura....welcome to the sleepless nights. I had a bad case of them for a entire year plus while my case for my girls went in and out of the court system. It gets better, so far since passing court I have really had some good sleep!
Take a relaxing bath, and know that....it is done!
Prayers for sure, sleep well.
Fingers crossed for you tonight/tomorrow. I know the stress continues after passing court but at least it's a different and better stress. Can't wait to see good news from you tomorrow!
Well, get ready for your life to change--((hugs))!
PS...If this message appears twice, then it's twice the hugs!!!
My prayers are with you and your daughter.
Blessings!
Sen
Thinking of you and your baby girl tonight!!
I totally understand... I lost about 10 lbs around court date... it was the hardest part of the whole journey, in my opinion... i was a stress case. you're so close!! best of luck!!!!
I can't wait to see a picture of your little one tomorrow! This time next year you will be able to file head of household! I did it for the first time and it felt great to now say I have someone who depends on me. Oh yeah, the tax break was nice too! Tonya
Good luck tomorrow. We are all hoping to hear you passed!
Good luck, fingers, toes, arms, eyes crossed:-)!!!
Thoughts and prayers are with you today for a beginning of a new (yes, challenging, but wonderful) life!
Stefanie
You are in my thoughts and prayers. Good luck with your court date.
I so understand your nervousness. I was so scared before Holly came home and had so many worries. I'm not going to say that everything is perfect now - but I certainly wouldn't trade this experience for anything. Can't wait to meet you soon.
Well.... ???
Are you waiting to tell your parents first? That's great. Understandable. The right thing to do. So get them on the horn and then come back and tell us too!!!
I didn't sleep very well at all the night before my court date. I kept looking at the clock all night thinking about what was going on in Ethiopia...the judge waking up and having breakfast and then lunch, my file making it's way to his/her desk, the adoption representative writing my social worker about who passed court, etc. I believe it was at around 10:00 am when I got the news. I hope you passed court and got good news today. This is exciting!
BTW, I just filed my taxes. That adoption credit as well as the other tax credits we get as head of household are sweet! You'll see.
Kristine
praying for you and she.
Post a Comment