2.10.2010

WOW!!!

I have never seen so much snow in all my life! This is the craziest, snowiest, most unpredictable, most unusual, most unDC-like weather ever! It's unbelievable! It's crazy to think that I shoveled my walk and cleaned off my car yesterday--it had NO SNOW on it-- and spent a long time shoveling out my parking space and now it looks like this!!!

Of course, now I am completely second guessing my decision to not stay in that rediculously long line at the grocery store yesterday to buy more food. I swear the line stretched all the way back from the registers to the back of the store and then crossed the store perpendicularly and went almost all the way to the other side. There must have been at least 50 people in line! I just did not have the patience and my cabinets are full of food so there was no need. If I was snowed in til May I wouldn't starve. I just wanted what I wanted (cookie making ingredients, wine, ice cream.. no wonder I'm not losing any weight!)

So, I am without Toll House cookie making ingredients but I am nice and cozy inside while the wind whips about my windows. It's scary, to be honest with you. I am so grateful for this warm house. It sure is cozy in here with my tea (seen here in my favorite "COCOA" mug I made)

but I wouldn't be surprised if we lost power. I had read that the weight of the snow was making peoples awnings and roofs collapse. That is a very scary prospect. I cleaned off my awning as best I could yesterday and this morning I thought about the skylight in my bathroom. I pulled it open to clean off the snow that had accumulated. Look at all this!

I need to do that every hour. So, yes, I am off work for the rest of the week with loads of time to work on the nursery and prepare for my daughter's arrival but it won't be as relaxing as I had anticipated.

It's whiteout conditions out there. Our second blizzard in a week! I will never forget this winter, hence one of the names I gave my daughter: Naomi Winter Almaz.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW is RIGHT!!

Stay warm and inside!

glad you have plenty of food.

Anonymous said...

What a pretty name.
Enjoy your mini vacation.

Sen

StefB said...

A beautiful name!

Chrissy said...

I love the name, the pics of your neighborhood...and I don't love the snow you are getting!! Wow!! at least you are warm and I am sure you are being able to spend lots of extra time working on things to get ready for your little girl :-)

InventingLiz said...

We were supposed to get slammed with snow today in Boston, instead we got rain and about an inch of snow...looks like you got what we usually get up here!

And PS - I love her name! And I like how you just slipped it in so casual at the end here...

To answer your question on my blog, this is the eighth week Elfe and I have been together, including the week I spent with her in Ethiopia.

Jocelyn said...

Love it!!! not the snow:-) The name!