2.23.2010

Tick Tock

I invited some friends to join me for one last single-woman-without-children dinner and to celebrate my life changing event. We broke bread injera together at Almaz Restaurant. It was a nice gathering. Everyone is so excited about my Almaz!

(me with the owner, Mimi)

I have done so much in the last few days. I
have worked practically non-stop. I should be done. I feel accomplished. Thing is, there are still many VERY IMPORTANT items left and I am almost out of time!!!! ARRRRRGGGGHH!!!!!!

* install carseat
* firm up ride to and from the airport
* organize paperwork
* organize donations
* pack
* set up the nursery
* clean (i.e. move all things from her reach)
* babyproof (outlets, cabinets, baby gates, window guards, etc.)
* make her doctor's appt.
* color my hair (sounds unimportant until the greys come in and then it's critical!! lol)

Wow. Clearly, it's not getting all done. I am going to just focus on the top five and if the rest get done before travel, great. I totally advise all of you in the paperchase and the waiting phase to do some of these things now!! It seems so far away, like you have all the time in the world but you really do. not. Ok, you are all probably very organized and efficient and good at delegating. I am the only dufus who is trying to do everything herself and then waits til the last possible minute to get it all done. That works when you are trying to write a paper in college but it does not work when you are trying to adopt a child!!!! (Note to self for the next time).

OK. Well, I am going to back to my to do list now. Have a good evening.

3 comments:

InventingLiz said...

It's weird, isn't it? You wait for so long and think you are preparing while you wait, and then the moment comes and you are not prepared at all! I still don't feel prepared most days...

Jennifer said...

Thanks for leaving me a voice message yesterday - sorry I couldn't make it last night. I hope to meet you after you return! I'll be thinking of you and stalking your blog!!

Barbara said...

hmm, maybe you should nudge the nursery a bit higher up that list :)