I swear, this blizzard must've been created just for me! :-D
I haven't been able to find the time to do anything to prepare for my daughter's arrival even though I know it has to be a priority. Unfortunately, it seems like lately everything is a priority! Bills. Meetings. Assessments. Report Cards. Family health issues. The nursery and all the other hundreds of things related to her arrival have taken a back seat since that's over a month away. And then when I am not dealing with life-stuff, I want to be hanging out. I want to accept every invitation since I know that's all about to be shut down. But at the same time I really, really, really need to be home getting everything ready. It's a Catch 22, people!! Well, there's a blizzard out there so now I have no choice! Everything is shut down and I am alone in this house with nothing but time on my hands!!
I got home early on Friday because my school district closed 2.5 hours early. It had just started to snow. I was celebrating in my front yard, giddy with the prospect of a chance to accomplish some things off my mammoth never-ending to do list!
So I went in the house with my bruised camera, unpacked my groceries (salmon, ice cream, Chardonnay and pizza were some of the musts!) and prepared to hunker down for the storm. I turned on my heated mattress pad - love.it. - and got cozy in my bed to work on a name for my girl. I am keeping Almaz as part of it but want to add something to it. Look for a post on that process to come. I spent the whole evening coming up with combinations of the names I love. Meanwhile, it kept snowing and snowing and snowing. It's blowing like crazy out there now and the snow keeps piling up. It hasn't stopped snowing since Friday morning. There has got to be at least 2' out there. It's incredible!!




3 comments:
So glad the blizzard arrived at the perfect time for you! And equally glad that it hasn't hit us up here in the usually frozen north (I'm in Boston).
I am soooo glad the Blizzard passed us the southern states this time!! Enjoy the snow!! Just showed my mom the pics of your girl!! She is so Pretty!!
too funny
Post a Comment