very soon. Very, very soon.
It's a matter of weeks before I board that plane and the number of details that have to come together in this short expanse of time is simply mind boggling. I am so completely overwhelmed that I am having a hard time enjoying the process. Some of these things I could have gotten done while waiting, true, but many could not. Here's an extremely shortened version for ya:
Travel
book tickets
decide on guest house
go to bank
get shots
fill travel partner in on what to expect
organize paperwork
organize donations
House
clean
cook meals to freeze
buy prepared toddler-friendly foods
organize the nursery
baby-proof the house
Job
sign up for FMLA
secure a substitute
write sub plans
tie up loose ends
baby
make pediatrician appt.
make dentist appt.
follow up on daycare
purchase needed items
other
get car serviced
finish books on attachment parenting
doctor appts. for me
color my hair
And to top it off my dad is having knee replacement surgery next week, I'm freakin' pissed off that I don't get paid leave and I slipped in the snow this morning and twisted my ankle.
2.11.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




6 comments:
Think gratitude,love,amazement, excitement,joy
and then think calm and peace
from M
I love your daughter's name. It's so very beautiful.
Not sure of my travel date yet, but I expect I'll see you down there.
BTW, my guest house will be the Weygoss: http://www.ethiopiahotelguide.com/hotel.php?id=352
The staff is amazingly friendly and helpful. Your reservation includes pickup at the airport.
Let go of the stress because...at the end is a beautiful rainbow...Naomi Winter Almaz
Hugs!
Oh no. Hope your ankle is doing better...
Take a deep breath and calm down. Everything will be okay.
Just think your beautiful daughter is waiting to see your lovely face and receive lots of hugs and kisses. :)
Sen
btw..email me your last name: I have a donation.
I hope your ankle is feeling better! A few thoughts on your list to try and pare it down:
-what do you need to buy? If there are any specific clothes items you need, I'm happy to dig through R's outgrown things to see if she has any in the right sizes and mail them to you this week. Just let me know.
-don't worry about freezing meals. There are lots of relatively healthy, quick, and easy mom-and-kid-friendly foods that one can survive on indefinitely: pasta, cheese toast, annie's mac and cheese, beans and rice, yogurt parfaits (with thawed frozen berries and granola), canned soup and fresh bread (purchased or homemade, like beer bread- takes only an hour), shiro with gomen (substitute frozen chopped spinach to save prep time) and injera, etc. I can come up with more ideas if you need them. Definitely don't stress yourself out about getting toddler-friendly foods, though, because she'll probably eat a lot of the same stuff as you would.
-a trip to the pediatrician is a must, but unless little Almi has urgent dental issues, wait on the dentist. She might not let a stranger pry open her mouth for a few months anyways :)
-skip finishing the attachment books and google top ten attachment tips and study that, intensely. If you need more "worked-for-me" ideas, ask for them on your blog and I'm sure your readers would be happy to contribute.
-definitely color your hair or anything else that you can't do while holding a child NOW.
-babyproofing- don't feel like you have to go all out. Almaz might not be inclined to do some of the stuff that a younger baby would. Do the critical stuff (anchoring furniture to walls, for example) but wait on the smaller things (putting covers on all of your electrical outlets).
Hope this helps! Like I said, just let me know if there are any clothing items in particular that you need and I can see if R had any in the right size.
Post a Comment