8.23.2009

New Year, New Schedule

It feels like New Year's Eve. Well, New Year's Eve minus the champagne and great party. Tomorrow is my first day back to work and I have created a schedule for myself which kind of has a New Year's Resolutions feel. I am preparing for a fresh start and have a made some plans for what to eat, how to spend my time...basically how to proceed from this day forward.

By the end of the year I am going to be a mom and I have some things I want I need to put into place before that day arrives. On that list include things like losing weight, learning how to manage stress, getting organized, cooking, becoming more efficient with my time, etc.

I created a list on the right side of my blog of things I planned on taking care of this summer while I was off. I was able to accomplish some of them but I need to accomplish all of them before November. With a little less than 2 and a half months left, I needed to write down a schedule for myself so I don't waste time on being inefficient and distracted and lazy.

So here it is. My schedule. Don't laugh. Trust me, I need to schedule myself down to the half hour if I want to get it all done!

Monday - Thursday
5:00-7:00 workout
7:00-7:30 get ready for work
7:30-5:30 commuting to & from and working
5:30-6:30 cleaning & organizing
6:30-7:30 dinner
7:30-9:00 taks
9:00-9:30 get ready for bed
9:30 - bedtime

In the evenings from 7:30-9:00 if I finish up my tasks early I can watch TV, read, talk on the phone, blog, etc. Fridays are more relaxed. Still plan to workout in the a.m. but the evening is reserved for fun/dates. Weekends are for large projects like organizing my basement, decorating the nursery, menu planning, creative endeavors, church, etc. but also the main goal is to be able to relax on weekends and do what I want to do and not what I didn't get done during the week. I have already turned down three(!) invitations this week telling the people that Mon-Thurs really aren't good days for me--that I'm too busy--and all three agreed to postpone our get togethers until this weekend! Perhaps when I am in the swing I can carve out time during the week for dates/fun, but for now it's gotta be off limits.

I am going to ease into this schedule this week (it's after midnight and I am still up cause I am still on Pacific time and not tired!) but I plan to be in full swing by next Sunday. Wish me luck. It's going to be somewhat of a change from my current lifestyle but it will be good to get myself into a routine. On top of all of this, Mon-Thurs I am going to "eat clean" which basically means no sugar, no alcohol, no red meat, no sweets, no fried foods, no rice, no pasta, etc. I figure I can do that 4 days a week knowing that the next three are free days. Four days on and three days off. It's a schedule I think I can live with and it should get me organized, thinner and more relaxed and ready for my baby girl who is likely to arrive in three months!

6 comments:

Chrissy said...

GOOD LUCK!! I am on my 3rd week back to work and am EXHAUSTED!! When I get home...i am getting NOTHING DONE but good couch time!!

Monica Lidya's Mom said...

I love your schedule! Especially the eat clean part and liekyou said 4 days on 3 days off is really smart and attainable. I want to do that too!

kn said...

i do this all the time - i do think it helps a bit

i cannot believe you are already back at work

if you end up getting to bed at 9:30 will you tell me how you did it? that's the hardest part for me.

good luck - hope it goes really well.

Tami said...

Good Luck! I definitely need organization but what I have realized...for me...is that a tight schedule like this would drive me insane (and to drink). I can't do something like this it is kind of like fighting with myself. LOL But we all have what works for us, if this will work for you DO IT!

Adopting1Soon said...

OMG, this is too hard! I think you are setting yourself up to fail. I used to do things like this, and then when I missed one thing, the whole shebang fell apart.

I think you are too hard on yourself! You are beautiful and don't need to lose weight, yet that is always one of your goals (on the blog at least). Just get the daughter projects done...(nursery, trip planning, etc) that is enough as a single woman, trust me.

Single PAP said...

thanks for the compliment, but i don't think it's unacheivable. it's something to strive to at least. i have a friend who does it and it really works for her. she has the weekends to herself. and even if i don't do everything every day, i will do more with a schedule than i will without. i'll let you know how it goes! (and i do need to lose weight! size 14 should not be tight!)