8.05.2009

Butterflies

I finally came up with a theme I like for the nursery/toddler bedroom! Butterflies! I don't have sheets--or furniture for that matter (even though it was recommended that I start with sheets and build from there) but I'm not into everything being super matchy-matchy so if the sheets are solid or a different butterfly pattern or a flower pattern I won't mind. I just know I want it to be multi-colored pastels and have butterflies. Once I decided that, butterflies appeared out of nowhere!

My mother brought these mini orange ceramic butterflies as a gift to me from one of her travels so these will be hung up somewhere (I know they're not pastel but they're going up!).


When I was at the dollar store the other day and I found these cute wall decals,

this butterfly stamp

and this wooden butterfly.


Then at CVS I found these mini lanterns:


And when I was going through my clutter I discovered I had these stencils!


I can't wait to get started decorating! Here's the room currently as a den (excuse the wires!). It's currently pale yellow but I tested it and it's lead paint so it will need to be repainted. I have some lavender paint that I could use or I could get something else. I kind of like it the color that it is but right now I am open to anything.. well, anything but pink. I'm already overwhelmed by all the pink girl clothes! LOL

Any suggestions on furniture/mini lanterns placement, paint color, window treatments, what/where to stencil or anything else?


2 comments:

Tonya said...

Butterflies are a great theme. The weigh station in my office has a butterfly theme. I glued the butterflies to the walls in various places using. I think I used Gorilla Glue but can't remeber because I did it over a year ago. I also found a string of nylon and wire butterfiles at my florist. I hung these from ceiling. The babies and toddlers like to look up at it. Have fun decorating. Tonya

Amber said...

http://www.ohdeedoh.com/ A great site to find decorating ideas :D Have fun decorating...