8.17.2009
Mom's Visit
I convinced my mom to come visit me so we could have some one on one time - a girls weekend! She arrived Saturday morning and stayed until Monday night. When I first picked her up from the airport, on a whim we drove to find the house where she spent her childhood summers and the house where her father used to visit as a child. We were able to find the streets though the houses were no longer there. It was great for her to be able to see those places as an adult and I enjoyed doing that with her. What else did we do? Well, we went to a huge flea market. It was blazing hot--about 94 degrees. We walked around but didn't buy anything except these amazing authentic tacos. My mom was such a trooper! What else? Oh, we got our nails done, ate out--a lot, saw Julie & Julia (loved it!), went to the National Cathedral for Sunday service and talked and laughed a lot. I also had a lot of fun taking her to the thrift stores and boy did she get into it! No surprise there really as she is the queen of consignment shops and sales-- must be where I got it from! She bought me so many nice things for my daughter!! So sweet! It was fun. Here are some pictures from the weekend. Thanks for coming to visit me, Mom! I enjoyed hosting you! Sure wished we lived closer!










Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
glad you had a great visit with your mom... Thought I would stop by your blog and say hi. I have missed reading it and chatting with you via email and facebook! Hope we are home soon and you have your own good nes to share
:) Robyn
Post a Comment