There is a blog I read about a couple who just returned home from Ethiopia with their new son. They seem like interesting and genuine people. I could see being friends with them if I knew them. Last night she (I don't know her name) posted about a dream she had. She said she dreamed her husband left her for another woman and she was devastated until she woke up and realized her husbands arms were wrapped around her and her son and how happy she was and how all was right with the world. It was a really sweet, heartfelt post. You can read her words here.
I read that post and thought about how lucky she is to feel so happy and then I went to bed. That night I dreamt that I was in a happy relationship and very much in love. It was a wonderful, wonderful dream. But then I woke up. My reality is that I am actually alone and not in a loving relationship and that my dream was just that - a dream. How depressing is that? I wanted to cry.
In better news, I am #2 on the waiting list. My agency said, though, that that doesn't really mean anything because being #2 could mean I get a referral tomorrow, next month or the month after that. It may not mean anything to them but it sure did help to balance out the sadness I felt after my dream.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




7 comments:
ahhh, poor little mama. those kinds of dreams are the worst. i tend to have that dream from time to time. unfortunately it's about a specific person and it is very sad to wake up.
anyway, just wanted you to know that i can relate to how you were feeling.
# 2!!!!
That's big Mama!! It sure has ...beats not yet being on the list as is our case.
i've had those dreams too. The ones where everything is exactly how you want it...and when is life exactly...
when my best friend died i used to dream of her dying - which was slow and horrific and full of more pain than can be imagined and i would wake up very unhappy that i had such a miserable dream but happy that she was no longer in that pain. then one night i dreamt she and i were out having dinner - eating and talking and i had her and i woke up and it was like she died to me all over. it sucks.
there are many blessings to starting this journey as a single parent.
and soon you will be a parent. soon. wow!
hope your day is lovely.
I'm sorry about that dream. I certainly do know how you feel.
Glad to hear you are number 2. Can't wait til you have news!!!!
Of course being #2 means something! It's huge. You are so close to being a mom.
I completely get your feelings about your dream. Not having a loving, romantic relationship was definitely a hole I used to feel or have, but somehow that has gone away since I adopted my son. Sure, it would be nice to be in a relationship (as if I had time!), but now that I'm a mom I feel complete in a way I didn't even know I needed to be completed. Not sure if that makes sense or helps, but just know that if your reality today isn't what you want it to be, it might be very soon.
Sorry about the dream too but Holy Cow!!! #2 on the wait list rocks!
thanks for all your kind comments re: my dream...and on being #2! Yikes, so soon! I know!
# 2 is almost as good as #1 - your time is drawing near!!
Re your dream - if I had a glass of wine in my hand I would raise it to you in solidarity.
hazel
Post a Comment