



I think I just took my last trip as a single, childless woman. Well, maybe not my last as a single woman, but I do think that may have actually been my last trip without a child! That is so weird to think about!


I went to LA for four days and had a great time visiting family and enjoying the weather. I went to In-N-Out and got burgers "protein-style" (no bun-wrapped in lettuce instead!); went to listen to jazz with my niece and friend Justina and ran into my friend Scot there; rode in Justina's convertible and let the California breeze blow through my hair; checked out an elementary school that we passed where the playground had an ocean view and vowed to teach there one day; had cake my niece baked to celebrate my sister's birthday; went to the movies and enjoyed delicious French food with my cousin, Chuck; went shopping (I bought a great, inexpensive black skirt for work..it comes in 8 colors...I might need to get one more sent out); went to the beach in Santa Monica and took pictures of the seagulls; had dinner and
mojitos at my sister's house; drove down to
Laguna Beach for key lime martinis and more beach time; took pictures of the California coast and the beautiful architecture; had great Thai food, and more!! It was a great four days. I had forgotten how stunningly beautiful California is and didn't realize how much I miss it.










Sure it's smoggy and the nightlife isn't great and there are a whole host of fake wannabes out there but I am considering moving back sometime in the future. I have family out there and by the time I would consider moving back, my cousin would probably have a family as well and our kids could grow up together.
Hmmm.. it's a thought. For now, though, it's time to get back to my reality here and that means back to work on Monday. I am not ready for my vacation to end-- except it means that the sooner I go back, the sooner my referral comes and the sooner I travel and the sooner I become a mom!! Breathe.
(photo credit: blackcelebkids.com)By the way, guess who I saw at LAX?
Jax and
Jaid! They are the most adorable boys! They were with their father so I wouldn't have had any idea who they were if I wasn't a celebrity baby blog stalker.. but I am so I knew exactly who they were. I was in the little shop by the gate buying a soda when I saw them with their dad. He leaned over and said something like, "J, don't do that" so I said, "
Jax and
Jaid?" He looked surprised and said, "Yes." And then I stood there frozen and starstruck and said nothing more until he left (to get away from the crazy woman!)
Starstruck over some 2 year
olds! Ha! I'm a mess.
No comments:
Post a Comment