8.12.2009

Bargain Shopping Pt. II

Part II - CVS and the ECBs

Do you shop at CVS? I do, all the time. It's very convenient. Did you ever notice at the end of your receipt where you sometimes see that you have earned some Extra Care Bucks? I used to see those but I didn't use them very often. Well, I have learned that you can stock pile them and use a bunch on one shopping trip. If you look in their weekly circular you will see items that will earn you ECBs. If you buy those items, plus use coupons from your Sunday paper, you really don't pay all that much. I wasn't a believer until I tried it. Two weeks ago I went to CVS and purchased items that earned me $11.00 in ECBs. Now granted one of those items was eyedrops and I didn't really need eyedrops, but I figured I may need them one day. The thing is, the eyedrops cost $7.99 and the ECBs earned on them was $7.99 so they were basically free. So, why not?!

OK, so back to this week. First I looked at this week's circular and looked for items that would earn me some ECBs. Then I looked for items on sale for which I already had a coupon. Some of the items I didn't need right away but knew I would at some point (like toilet paper, toothpaste, etc.) so buying them cheaply made sense. Here, my friends, is the result of all that hard work.


And the best part? The total for all those items was only $6.10! Seriously! The allergy medicine and the batteries were free (coupon on the end of previous shopping receipt). The Colgate was 2 for 1 and I had a $1 off coupon. The candle was free (coupon in Sunday's paper). The other items were either very cheap or earned me more ECBs --except for the Vitamin Water.. I was just thirsty! The best part, though, was that I alos returned a rain poncho that I had purchased last spring and got a credit of $7.35 so I left the store with all those things plus $1.45!

Give the ECBs at CVS a try. You might be surprised at your savings!

1 comment:

Tami said...

Now ECBs I've never done. I'll have to look into that from now on. Thanks for the tip!