This week has been jam packed! I haven't done a thing towards our move because there was so much else going on. Every day was busy! Every single day. I have had very little sleep. The week started out with celebrating her birthday. And we had family in town. And then there was my surprise going away party for me at work. And report cards were due. And her end of the year awards ceremony. Whew! It's been crazy!
When her birthday finally rolled around, she was an old pro with blowing out candles and singing her age and all of that! Here is my cutie pie on her way to school with the cookies for her friends. I'm lovin' the Mary Jane's, tiara and band aid!I think I can show three fingers, Mama.
Yes, there. I'm three!
Grandma really wanted to come into town to celebrate her youngest grandchild turning three. It was so sweet seeing them together. She insisted that Grandma sit in the backseat with her and hold hands. Awww... Before going into the daycare to sing Happy Birthday to her and share the cookies with the her classmates, Grandma came into my classroom to read one of her books to my Kindergartners. They were so excited to have a real author visit!
Then we headed down the hall for the birthday celebration. I think Almi was overwhelmed with seeing Grandma in her daycare cause she had a meltdown. Seeing her with her classmates and hearing them sing to her was cute, but I admit, was quite disappointed that she wouldn't sing 'I'm three years old' for the video. Which leads me ask this question. Does turning three mean you officially stop listening to your parents and your teachers? Seriously. I'm just wondering cause it has been downhill ever since.
After school we went out to dinner: Almi, Grandma, her Godmother Ayanna, and I. She wanted pizza for dinner so we that's what we did. Her lovely behavior continued in the restaurant. Sigh. She was not listening. Again. Luckily, when she had her pizza she calmed down and was happy. She even proved to us she can sing how old she is. Loudly. Very, very loudly. LOL
After dinner we went home. There were more presents.
And a cute card where Almi knew which bunny she was and which were Grandma and Grandpa.
Then there was more cake. This time an ice cream cake from Baskin Robbins. She (we) loved it!
Later on in the week Uncle C was here to see the munchkin. Love seeing them together!
And last night my colleagues threw a surprise going away party for me! Man, they are really awesome. We had a ball. We had dinner and wine and lots of laughter. They even surprised me with two awesome gifts. A gift card for the Apple Store and iTunes for me and an adorable backpack filled with toys and games to entertain her on the flight! How incredibly thoughtful is that?!
Tonight was her award ceremony at school. I cringe with embarrassment thinking about it. Let's just say the drama there deserves its own post. Can I tell you how glad I am that Friday is here?! Mama needs a big goblet of wine!!!
Your mother is an author! I would be excited to have her come into my home to! What did she write?
Yes, about your questions about three year olds!!! Ugh. Most difficult year ever with Quinn and now the same with Belaye. Fun, funny and incredibly difficult.
3 comments:
CHEERS!!!! Have a rested weekend!
I love these photos!
Your mother is an author! I would be excited to have her come into my home to! What did she write?
Yes, about your questions about three year olds!!! Ugh. Most difficult year ever with Quinn and now the same with Belaye. Fun, funny and incredibly difficult.
Love love love that first photo!
Just found your blog through Circle of Moms, and I LOVE it. Happy Happy to you to Mama!
Post a Comment