6.04.2011

Birthday Party Prep - part 1

I have been running around like crazy the past few days getting all the different things for this seemingly simple party. Somehow, even with spreading out the tasks over several days, I was still up past 1:00 a.m. wrapping gifts and baking cupcakes the night before!

Last night I gathered all the things I had bought on the kitchen counter. Plates, cups and napkins? Check. Blowers? Check. Eyeliner for the whiskers? Check. Tiara? Check. I peeked in the fridge and saw the bagels, meats and cheeses, strawberry cream cheese, watermelon and condiments.

Then I got to baking the cupcakes. It reminded me of when I was frosting her doggie cake last year when she was turning two. Seriously, how is she turning three already?! The year went by so quickly!!

This year I made cupcakes and slowly the Hello Kitty cupcakes started to take shape. While they were baking I sorted the jellybeans (yellow for the nose and red for the bow) and cut the licorice whiskers and eyes.

While they were cooling, I wrapped her gifts (a cool bubble blower, some light up jelly's, a new berry Chapstick and some purple polka dotted sunglasses) and then I assembled the cupcakes.

And fell into bed way after midnight.

The next morning I painted her nails,

ironed her outfit,

and let her watch some TV
while we waited for her toes to dry. Then I sent her next door to play with her neighbor while I decorated the yard.
Part 2 -- Coming up: The Birthday Party

2 comments:

kn said...

I love these photos! Thanks for sharing. And yes, I might be obsessed with these posts because I have two boys and will never throw such an adorable party!

Anonymous said...

Marvelous description of birthday plans!!! I loved the careful thought and yet the simplicity... her presents were PERFECT!!! aND THE DRESSED UP BIRTHDAY GIRL! Hugs! Regret old bones etc etc sooo much! Love love love to you both! m