6.18.2011

What, Am I CrAzY?!

Who enters a blog contest when you have no time to write? I thought it would be cool to place in the top 25 but I understand keeping steady in 39th place. Well, aside from entering a week after the voting started, the reality is my posts aren't interesting! Sorry, but I don't have time! If you want to follow us when we go private or when the new blog is up and running this fall, don't forget to comment on my last post. Just don't forget to leave your email address or I won't know how to contact you!

School is finally out though I have to go back to pack up the rest of my boxes. It feels good to know that next week I will have 11 uninterrupted hours each day while she's in daycare. I can't wait to have all that time and not have to hire a sitter for it! I tried to convince her to go to a sitter today but she was not having it. "I wan Mommy," she pleaded so I kept her with me. I told her I had a lot of errands to run and a lot of work to do and asked if wouldn't she prefer to go to the park with the sitter but she was adamant about wanting to hang out with me. So, off we went together to the consignment shop, out to lunch and to CVS. She was as good as gold, even eating her salad in Panera while her cookie was in eyeshot. I didn't get nearly the amount of things done that I had planned, but I didn't want to upset her. I think I made the right choice.

With only a little over a month left before we depart, I am starting to get anxious. Thankfully all of her readoption paperwork has arrived so the hearing should go smoothly. I have contacted movers and done some packing. I have also spent a good deal of time worrying about her transition. She is so comfortable here. She knows what to expect and the lay of the land. She's also very aware and possessive of things. In the mornings when she calls for me, I go into her room and lift her out of her crib. She always nuzzles into my neck and I stand there in silence for a few moments and then she lifts her head and reminds me of all that is hers. "Dis my room," she starts. "Dat my toy/book/shoe/sock", etc. "Yes," I tell her, "those are your things." In the parking lot she will say, "Dat my caw" or "Dat Mommy's caw" to me or to her teachers. When I call a friend on the phone she will invariably ask, "Mommy, who dat?" I will tell her, "That was Mommy's friend, Kelly" and she will say, "Dat my friend" or "Dat my Kelly."

Since she goes to daycare at my job I occasionally see her in her classroom or outside. Often, when she sees me, a huge smile spreads over her face, she'll run over to me and take my hand and proudly tell her friends, "Dis my Mommy!! Dis my Mommy!" Oh, my heart.

I think she is going to have a rough transition. I have been trying to prepare her but she has no idea how her world is going to be turned upside down. I have shown her the school on video through their website. I have told her about our new house and our long plane ride. She loves water so she'll love our pool and the beach and her new school looks awesome, but I still worry. Heck, I worry about me! I am adventurous but this is all new to me as well and we are there for the long haul. But at least we will have each other and that will get us through.

Time is running out and the likelihood of reaching the top 25 is only a pipe dream but vote if you like. I'd appreciate it and I'm not giving up! I'm a fighter!! * LOL * If not, don't forget to leave your contact info on yesterday's post if you are interested in continuing to follow us on our new adventures. Until then, all I can promise you are many boring stories of trying to prepare for an overseas move. But if you can stand the tedium, cool stuff is surely ahead.

3 comments:

Jebena said...

1. I voted and will vote until closing.
2. You're not crazy.
3. Your blog isn't boring.
4. Almi's going to transistion and adjust very well because the two of you will be doing this together...this is going to be your bonding for life experience.
5. You have a crew of folks praying and rooting for you---if you need anything we're always an 3-mail away!

Now put on some beats, start dancing and keep on packing!!!!

kn said...

I've been voting for you and two others. I like your perspective, it's unique and I appreciate it.

Rachel said...

I am voting too. And I can not comment to your previous post. :(