I know you've been waiting with baited breath, LOL. so here's the lowdown on my date with M.
He offered to pick me up but I chose to drive and meet him downtown. We were supposed to meet at 6:30 but because it was so beautiful out (it was in the 70's--perfect weather for a Friday night date), everyone was out and the traffic was crazy. It was close to 7:00 when I finally turned the corner to the street the restaurant was on. I realized that parking in a garage would be my best option as I was running so late and didn't have the time to look for a parking space, but it was also at that same moment that I realized I left my wallet in my other purse. So, I said a thank you to the Universe for the parking space right in front of the restaurant and low and behold as I pulled up, someone was pulling out. That law of attraction stuff works, I tell you! :-)
So, the date. I feel like I can't give too many details because he flat out asked me, "Did you tell anyone about our date?" Um, not yet but hundreds are about to read about it on the internet. And what if in fact I do end up with him?
Not that there's anything monumental to tell. I met him at a bar downtown. I gave him a hug when I saw him because after talking for 2 months I kind of felt like I knew him. We chatted for a bit, he ordered me a glass of wine and then left to check on our reservation at the restaurant next door. While he was gone I got to reflect on my first impression.
Tall.
Attractive.
Nice Smile.
Pleasant.
Good eye contact.
Made a couple of good jokes.
Engaging.
But athletic and toned like he checked in his profile? Uh, no.
Now don't get me wrong, I'm no super model and I don't have a body like Jillian Michaels, but come on. I think needing to lose 40 pounds takes you out of the athletic and toned category, don't you?
But aside from that I think he is who he says he is. I found him interesting and smart and funny. He's well traveled. He has lived overseas. He's an entrepreneur. He said he hopes to retire at 45. He was generous. He wants children. Yeah, he occasionally smokes cigars and gambles and eats too much bad restaurant food but all that would change when he gets with me, right? ;-)
We ate dinner. We laughed. We talked. We went and listened to some music somewhere else. He suggested prolonging the evening even further (it was after 1) but this single mama was tired and couldn't hang anymore. He asked me how I thought the date was, what I was looking for and I let him know I thought he was cool. I do. I like him. We hugged good-bye and that was it.
We've talked a few times since Friday, and he's still distracted on the phone but, if he asks, I'll go out with him again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Thanks for sharing your date so I can live vicariously through you. I hope to hear of date #2 (etc) in the future, if that's what you would like.
Post a Comment