2.13.2011

Weekly Menu

It's easy this week. I only have to plan two dishes. Yay!!!

Monday - Navy Bean Bacon Chowder (already in the crock)
Tuesday - We are meeting a blog buddy for dinner
Wednesday - Chicken Ricotta dish from last week
Thursday - leftovers and salad
Friday - my date (and she will eat at her teacher's house)

For the Navy Bean Chowder I modified the recipe. I tasted it as it was cooking and it seems pretty good. I threw three carrots I chopped up, some greek vinagrette and vegetable broth into the crock. Then I added a can of drained black beans and a can of drained canelli beans. I cooked 5 pieces of bacon and added that topped it off with black pepper and garlic powder. I cooked it on high for about 2 hours and low for another 2. The recipe says to add a cup of milk before serving. I may try this with some of the soup (cause I don't want to ruin it) but use some of the cream that's left over from the cream of broccoli soup I made last week.

No junk food this week and I will break the seal on my Thirty Day Shred!!

No comments: