After attending a fashion show with some friends, he meets me there for a laugh and a drink and then we head home. He is driving through the drizzle on cobblestone streets in a lovely Parisian neighborhood. He is holding my hand and serenading me the entire time.
We arrive back to his home, a lovely and quaint chateau nestled amongst some trees in the quiet countryside. Once inside, he hands me a glass of wine and a platter of nuts and cheese and we chat for a bit. Then he hands me what I think is a magazine article, a menu of 15 courses, each paired with a different French wine or spirit. The only two I can recall at the moment are the foie gras and a dish of calf livers or some other organ meats. I think to myself it's a bit too fancy for me until I realize upon reaching the bottom that this is the menu of our dinner that evening. After reading, I look up at him and he has removed his suit jacket and rolled up his sleeves. He informs me that he is looking forward to preparing me this gastronomic feast.
I blink for a moment, trying to take it all in. The lovely French kitchen we are standing in with it's large copper pots and picture windows where I look beyond him and see the rain running down the windowpanes. He is waiting for me, waiting for me to respond. It takes me a while for I can not believe my good fortune. He is drop dead gorgeous and he is in love with me. I inquire where all the cookbooks are for this meal he is about to prepare and he chuckles quietly and tells me not to worry but that he is more than capable of preparing the entire meal himself, from scratch.
The feeling of love for this man fills my heart and soul. I am blessed. I excuse myself to freshen up and all the while marvel at my incredible good fortune.
And then I wake up from my dream. Yes, y'all that was my dream last night.
Happy Valentine's Day. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
May ALL your dreams come true! ;)
Happy Valentine's Day!
I to was in love, well let's hope M can cook. If not don't worry buy him a cook book!
Happy Valentine to you and Naomi
D
Btw you have a talent to write maybe a novel or two in the future.
A move in store?
A date??? What have I missed???
Post a Comment