Lately I've been reading about how fermented foods aid in health. We're trying to go grain-free but going cold turkey is hard and makes preparing lunches difficult so I decided sourdough would be okay. Yesterday, at Trader Joe's I found what I was looking for. I read it needs to be made with a sourdough starter. They had two types of sourdough but only one was made with a sourdough starter so that's the one I bought. I was never really a fan of sourdough but this was very tasty! It's great for french toast, too, because it really holds up well to the egg mixture.
This is how I made it. I cracked 4 eggs into a bowl and added ½ c. milk. Then I added 2T of maple syrup, ¼ t. of cinnamon, ½ t. of vanilla and a dash of salt. Let the bread soak up the egg mixture, about 5 min. or so, and then fry it up in some butter. Yum! Next time I will probably use coconut milk in the recipe and coconut oil in the pan. Mmmm.. I love all things coconut. I really liked it and Naomi thought it was great, too!




2 comments:
Looks yummy! We will be over next Sunday for breakfast! ;)
yay!! what time? :-D
Post a Comment