Here's this week recap and menus.
Vitamins?
Sun & Mon-yes
Tues,Wed, Thurs -no
Fri & Sat -yes
Workout?
Mon-Sat: no
Joint Pain- moderate
Weight - 146.0
Bodyfat? A lot.
Measurements? Still no clue.
I am am digging the menu planning! I am learning to cook new things and I love feeding her (and myself) real food. And frankly, withmy our health concerns it's necessary.
Last week, instead of the coconut rice with raisins to go with the curried chicken, I made a Tanzanian dish of chickpeas in coconut milk. I thought she would love it because she loves garbanzo beans and she did at first. She called it "soup". It did kind of have a soupy consistency. But the recipe said to prepare it a day ahead so the flavors melded and this was very true. Day 1 it was very average (more bland) and but she loved it. And on day 2 she was no longer a fan.
The curried chicken, also average on day 1, was fantastic however on days2, 3 and 4. She wasn't excited about it but I loved it! Here's the recipe:
Curried Chicken
1.5 pounds on skinless, boneless chicken breast or thighs
3 T oil
3 T curry powder
1c unsweetened coconut milk
¼ salt
2 T lime juice
Cut chicken into 2" pieces. Heat oil in frying pan. Add chicken with curry. Cook on high heat, stirring occasionally, until chicken begins to brown. About 5 minutes.
Reduce the temperature to medium and stir in coconut milk. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce begins to thicken. abut anther 5 minutes or so. Season with salt. Then stir in the lime juice. Cook for 1 minute longer. Serve. Yum!! (Warning: Your house will smell like curry for days if that sort of thing bothers you.)
Fri & Sat -yes
Workout?
Mon-Sat: no
Joint Pain- moderate
Weight - 146.0
Bodyfat? A lot.
Measurements? Still no clue.
I am am digging the menu planning! I am learning to cook new things and I love feeding her (and myself) real food. And frankly, with
Last week, instead of the coconut rice with raisins to go with the curried chicken, I made a Tanzanian dish of chickpeas in coconut milk. I thought she would love it because she loves garbanzo beans and she did at first. She called it "soup". It did kind of have a soupy consistency. But the recipe said to prepare it a day ahead so the flavors melded and this was very true. Day 1 it was very average (more bland) and but she loved it. And on day 2 she was no longer a fan.
The curried chicken, also average on day 1, was fantastic however on days2, 3 and 4. She wasn't excited about it but I loved it! Here's the recipe:
Curried Chicken
1.5 pounds on skinless, boneless chicken breast or thighs
3 T oil
3 T curry powder
1c unsweetened coconut milk
¼ salt
2 T lime juice
Cut chicken into 2" pieces. Heat oil in frying pan. Add chicken with curry. Cook on high heat, stirring occasionally, until chicken begins to brown. About 5 minutes.
Reduce the temperature to medium and stir in coconut milk. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce begins to thicken. abut anther 5 minutes or so. Season with salt. Then stir in the lime juice. Cook for 1 minute longer. Serve. Yum!! (Warning: Your house will smell like curry for days if that sort of thing bothers you.)
The onion soup is in the crock. I hope it's good.
This week's menu plan -- dinners
Sunday - onion soup and leftoversMonday -stir fried rice with chicken and broccoli
Tuesday - onion soup and leftovers
Wednesday -mango ginger pork roast with spinach
Thursday -bunless turkey burgers and salad or leftover veggies
Friday -leftovers or tuna salad
Saturday - some appealing veggie crock pot dish which i haven't found yet
Here's the pork recipe. It looks amazing in the cookbook photo.
Mango Ginger Pork
1 pork shoulder roast (about 4 pounds)
½ - 1 t. ground ginger
2 c. mango salsa
2 T honey
¼ c. apricot preserves
salt and pepper to taste
Season roast with ginger, salt and pepper. Transfer to the Crock Pot.
Combine salsa, honey and preserves and pour over roast. Cover.
Cook on low 6-8 hours.
Turn Crock Pot to high and cook 3-4 more hours or until the roast is tender.
Serve over rice if desired.
Makes 4-6 servings.
Here's the pork recipe. It looks amazing in the cookbook photo.
Mango Ginger Pork
1 pork shoulder roast (about 4 pounds)
½ - 1 t. ground ginger
2 c. mango salsa
2 T honey
¼ c. apricot preserves
salt and pepper to taste
Season roast with ginger, salt and pepper. Transfer to the Crock Pot.
Combine salsa, honey and preserves and pour over roast. Cover.
Cook on low 6-8 hours.
Turn Crock Pot to high and cook 3-4 more hours or until the roast is tender.
Serve over rice if desired.
Makes 4-6 servings.




No comments:
Post a Comment